Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Network Rep
    update memorial weekend
    Hi all-

Here are some more updates to answer some of the questions that have been posted here.

Check Status
    There were three check runs scheduled this month, not two. Please forgive the error yesterday. Heres the history: the 5/9 check run went out. A number of you have said you got those checks. The 5/17 check run was held up because it seems that everything that can go wrong does go wrong these days. And yes, its driving me nuts too. We didnt hold up the check run, as has been suggested. In fact, weve been pushing hard to get it out. I didnt have an ETA on it to share with you until now. The 5/17 run finally got mailed yesterday. There were thousands of checks in that run. The next run was supposed to be done on 5/23 but we held off until 5/25 so that more affiliates could get registered and consolidate their accounts, if they needed to. That run will be mailed Tuesday 5/31. There will be thousands more checks in it. We seem to be back on track with the execution of check runs, so Ill let you know about the next run as soon as I have dates.

Old Accounts
    As you know, if an account is not consolidated under a Legal Entity profile, no payment will go out. If you suspect you have a an old account somewhere that has commissions in it, but you cant locate it, you should contact affiliate support and give them as much info as you can for them to look it up, like your name, company name, old usernames, things like that. Also, if the email address used for an old acct is forgotten or no longer working, affiliate support can change the address to current one for you.

Deactivated Accounts
    If an account is already deactivated, it states "Click Here To Reactivate" instead of Deactivate This Account. If you see there is a commission in a deactivated account, you should consolidate it. If not, it shouldnt be a problem to just leave it as is.

Stephen

ABW Ambassador
    When talking about affiliate support are you talking about email or a phone #? Any emails i've sent to affiliate support never got answered. If it's a phone number can you post the number again so everybody can get it.

"As you know, if an account is not consolidated under a Legal Entity profile, no payment will go out. "

Are you meaning no payment period or no payment for any account that's not consolidated in the main one?

Hello,

Is it just me or does anyone care when a "check run" is done? It would be far simpler to disclose only the date that the check is mailed. Its the only date that matters to the recipient.

Regards,

I still cannot get past the validated screen and into the program...

Now, does this mean only checks listed under affiliate payment will go out? I have 1 check listed from a merchant that I have not dealt with in over a year. I had never made the threshold till they recently lowered it. I'm most concearned with my main premium merchant which owes me quite abit from last 2 months. If the check is not listed under this report, does that mean I shouldn't expect one till you feel ready to add it to my list? Uggg this is way too confusing. Running a 135 page website with 70,000 hits a month is much easier than dealing with simple check distubutions lol.

Stephen,

Thanks for the update. Would there be a way in Synergy Analytics to view the amount due from each merchant, including adjustments, broken down by month? and for which month(s) has a merchant sent payment to LS?

This info used to be available in the old reporting system but I don't seem to be able to find its equivalent in the new reporting system.

marcelle

Cool Cannot Validate Consolidated Accounts
    I have repeatedly requested "SOME KIND" of support to resolve this problem and I have had "ABSOLUTELY ZERO SUPPORT"

The new software was surely "Not Ready For Primetime".... Did they do any testing at all??? NOT very robust at all.

Jim in Texas

I thought the checks sent were suppose to be for the full payment of March, according to the linkshare system i have a check that is being sent to me however it for only 500.00 when my commission is over 3,000?

Why is this happening? Amnyone lese having this problem?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    Stephen,

Thanks for the update. Would there be a way in Synergy Analytics to view the amount due from each merchant, including adjustments, broken down by month? and for which month(s) has a merchant sent payment to LS?

This info used to be available in the old reporting system but I don't seem to be able to find its equivalent in the new reporting system.

marcelle

I'd love to see this information, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I thought the checks sent were suppose to be for the full payment of March, according to the linkshare system i have a check that is being sent to me however it for only 500.00 when my commission is over 3,000?

Why is this happening? Amnyone lese having this problem?
    Linkshare only pays after the merchants pay. The merchants you see on the report are the only ones who paid before the cutoff. Ones that pay before the next cutoff should appear on the next check.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My Synergyanalytics report show only the 25th check run as authorized. It contians only those merchants who paid in APRILs commissions. Not one penny from back commissions up through March sales. Not even the completely paid up Overstock March single total was in the check amount. So I'll see just April commissions show up 30 days late while the real consolidated amount works it's way back through the blockage.

I'm sure someone told Stephen what was to be included in the 17th run mailed Friday. Like many I wasn't included in thta run. The 25 run was for April only. Question: When will LS run the "upto March" consolidated commissions for those who missed the 7th and 17th run??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    My Synergyanalytics report show only the 25th check run as authorized. It contians only those merchants who paid in APRILs commissions. Not one penny from back commissions up through March sales.
    If this is true, this is the most messed up implementation of consolidated payments ever. Each batch needs to include everything that came in, not just everything for a specific month. Can anyone else confirm this? I set my threshold too high and didn't get in on the 25th check run, so I can't see for myself.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The check amount and merchants commission totals for April sales matched the 25th check amount Michael. My March totals for just Overstock exceeded the check amount.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I wasn't included in any payment until the 25th.

My payments are for all of my March commissions, except two merchants that apparently didn't pay up yet, and it also includes an amount I was shorted on a check back in February.

No April payments were included in the check at all for me.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be happy with a very simple system.

After the end of this month, merchants have 2 weeks to send payments to LS. LS gets them around the 14th and sends them out so we get them around the 20th, like CJ. And in the first checks all the merchants participating pay any outstanding commissions. Keep it simple.

I wasn't included in the May 17th payment because I was validated after May 17, but my May 25th payment run includes my March commissions.

Hope this helps.

marcelle

reminder: it is still not possible to alter erroneous "pay to" details as they are still locked. it seems that affiliates in this idiotic predicament are not even a "consideration" - no recent feedback has been forthcoming on this issue.

heisje

Mr. Messer, your updates are not helpful at all. You are blatantly deceiving us. First you said the checks were sent out on May 17th and May 25th. Now you are saying May 17th checks were not actually sent out until last week and May 25th will be sent out on May 31st. How comes as a CEO of a company you don't know when these checks would be in the mail. You are not being honest with us. I don't believe you and your b* updates.

Once I get the $30K you owe me I know what I will do going forward. I will do whatever it takes to convince my merchant partners (target, walmart, Jr.com) that linkshare is a corrupt company. Buy.com already made the right movement and (provided that few more big affiliates join me) I am sure the rest will follow. Linkshare as a company don't deserve to be around.

Quote Originally Posted by smesser
    The next run was supposed to be done on 5/23 but we held off until 5/25 so that more affiliates could get registered and consolidate their accounts, if they needed to. That run will be mailed Tuesday 5/31. There will be thousands more checks in it.
    Stephen, why is it taking so long to turn around the checks? If you run a batch on 5/25, why can't the checks be mailed on 5/26? What's causing the delays?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

How many times are you going to change the date of When the 5/17 checks are mailed?

Originally we were told these checks went out on the 17th as your "Beta" system shows -- payment date 5/17. And, we were Told by your Employees they were mailed. When NO ONE Received the checks you came back with an "update" ...

In your 5/26 "update" you stated:
    "The second and most recent check run (meaning the 5/17 checks) was mailed yesterday, 5/25."

In this update you state these checks were mailed "yesterday" Again -- the "yesterday" -- which meant Friday 5/27.

How long do you think "The Checks are in the Mail" statement is going work?

Why don't you explain Exactly what's going "wrong". Another, "we meant to mail the checks on ..., but things went "wrong" Just Won't Cut It!

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by dnavenue
    I still cannot get past the validated screen and into the program...
    click on the link in the upper left for "home" and you can at least move around in the LS interface.

Have you not all learned that it is silly to ask Mr. Messer questions after he posts here. Look back and see how many times he comes back and answers your questions.

Yes, perhaps not a blatent lie about the checks not going out for almost two weeks later than we were all led to believe, but an obvious cover up on Mr. Messer's part.

Tisk, tisk, tisk. What a shame what Mr. Messer is doing to this company. Is this a publicly traded company? If so, I wonder if the stock holders have any idea what Mr. Messer is doing with their investments?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Linkshare is a privately held company.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

15 years and counting
    Mitsui & Co. is an investor in and strategic partner of LinkShare. Without them, LinkShare would have been gone after the dot.com burst.

06/01/01 - LinkShare effectively squashed rumors of an impending bankruptcy today by announcing that they have received additional investments from Mitsui & Co. (USA), Inc., a Japanese trading company and existing strategic partner.

Thanks, Zeus. Wonder if LS is prepared to face bankruptcy worries again. The way they are treating everyone, merchants and affiliates, will certainly have a negative impact on them very soon and down the road.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast