RugsUsa and warn them of the same Ebates issue that you warned me about.

I can't contact them myself (they'd probably freak on my head, or take it as some kind of sabatoge, as they are our competition).

I was testing to make sure that we were completely gone from the Ebates system by doing a search on Persian Rugs, and they showed up.

Although part of me wants to take full advantage of the fact that they are with Ebates and we're not, I also realize that they probably don't know what Ebates is all about.

Since you guys did such a good job educating us, I thought it was only fair that they get the same chance.

Over to you....

Paul

Rugman.com (Merchant Through CJ)

I'm curious if anyone has had a response...

Paul

ummmm .. if they were my competitor I'd be laughing and never look back on this issue ... lol. Let them lose money!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Friendly competition. I think its commendable of PaulS to suggest that. Also think of all the affiliate links being overwritten and affiliates losing money...

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <

Maybe he wants them to go thru the same 3rd degree that he had to go thru here!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

I just think it's fair that they get access to the same information as we did. After all, the more companies that know about this... the better.

However, if they are made aware and decide not to do anything about it. Well then, all bets are off.

Paul

Paul,

Maybe you should write to them and tell them what's going on. There's something bigger going on here other than just competition. By not alerting both merchants and affiliates to how these programs truly work, you are enabling them to continue doing what they do!

After the initial shock is over, I'm sure they would appreciate the heads up, and would have great respect for you and your company. Just send them to ABW for their education.

You know you did the right thing (THANK YOU!!!) and we know you did the right thing. To complete the circle, you should pass on your knowledge. If they choose to ignore you, it's their loss and you can close the issue, knowing in your mind that you've gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Andy

Not to worry Andy, I got a note from someone a few days ago that they contacted RugsUSA, so they should be here posting their own questions any time now.

Of course, if they're reading this and want my input...

Paul

They will probably be very hush about them being here .. but we will see.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Any response from RugsUSA? They still seem to be live on Ebates and I haven't seem them around here to comment....

Paul

I think what someone said in another post about Entertainment.com not knowing what was going on is probably more common among merchants than one might think. Entertainment.com was told about the parasite issue, they checked and said they don't see stealbates overwriting affiliate links. They were then told they have to download the Mo' Money application. After that they got rid of StealBates.

Now I see people saying we need to contact this merchant and let them know, then contact this other merchant and let them know. I have an idea. It will cost some money and time I'm sure. I'm willing to kick in some cash for it. BUT, here is my idea: Why not make up an information packet. It'll have a cover letter explaining what the package is and how Merchants are losing money. The packet will contain examples of the different applications, how they work, and how merchants are losing money with them. Screen shots with merchants URL's typed in directly would be an eye-opener I'm sure. If done professionally and if they were sent directly to the person in charge of the company, it might make a difference.

Another post suggested an e-mail to all the CEO's to let them know what was going on. Although that may be effective. I believe that something in print with a website to back it up would work wonders.

Any thoughts?

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread