Anyone going to this conference?
    I was thinking of attending the Webmaster World conference in New Orleans since it is driving distance for me. Has anyone been to this in the past? It has an affiliate track that seems like it might be useful to a newbie like myself.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/conference/

ABW Ambassador
    I was at the one in Boston, before there were "tracks" but here's the opinion from where I sit. Which sessions you'd need and benefit from depend on what you're a newbie at. Are you just a newbie to affiliate marketing, or also to building sites, SEO and keyword selection as well?

If you're an old hand at keyword research and putting together sites that rank well at the engines, pull traffic and convert and just new to aff marketing, the main point would be knowing how to pick programs, and then the difference in factors toward conversion with aff and non-aff sites.

If you're new to it all you need to still know how to pick programs (and niches - AND good affiliate managers) and also how to pick keywords and do the things that get traffic, like SEO and PPC. And what kind of sites to do and get conversions/clickthroughs.

If I were going I'd for sure make the sessions on landing pages, imho you can never know enough about that.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Are you just a newbie to affiliate marketing, or also to building sites, SEO and keyword selection as well?

I am a newbie to all four of those things you mentioned. It seems that you are saying it will be good for me.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread