I'm back! And I am NOT happy!!!
    Well, when I left for a long camping holiday with the family on Friday, after finding out that I was only getting a fraction of what I should have for my first payment, I was certainly not happy. However, a LS support person called me (they must be reading what I am writing here when they start calling affiliates before we call them) to tell me that yes, there are lots of errors in the payments that are going out. I was told I would be getting an answer today....still waiting!

I contacted merchants and asked for an accurate account of commissions due me for March and April since we have no way of checking this ourselves in LS's beta program. Guess What!!!! My first SL payment since February commissions will only be April because somehow LS forgot to pay me for March.

I cannot tell you how @#%&*#! mad I am.

Folks, I'm only one of thousands of LS affiliates who is getting royally screwed by Mr. Messer. Think of all the others who don't come here or can't get email responses from support because they have not been here *****ing like I have.

This just can't continue. This is the worst fiasco I have seen from a network in all the years I have been doing this. Just simply unbelievable that a Network can do this and still have affiliates and merchants who want to be a part of it. I suggest you all look closely at how this has all unfolded the last few months and ask yourself if you are willing to go through this again. We have yet to have Direct Deposit implemented yet.

Mr. Messer is still pulling the wool over our eyes. His Memorial day message told how checks we all thought were processed on May 17th were not sent out until just recently and some are still not sent out. Why could he not have told us on May 18 or even a week later that there would be a delay? No, hey just does not care and it obviously shows.

Merchants are equally not happy about this and I know of some that are leaving when their contract ends. Others, ones I'm not even affiliated with, have offered to set up deals outside of LS with me. Yes, against the rules I know, but they are so frustrated they feel it is worth the risk to save and gain good affiliates. Time to give these good merchants a call this week and set something up. Anything outside of LinkShare right now is better.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Well, no call or email today regarding my lost March payments. Perhaps the folks at LS really are working 24/7 like Mr. Messer says and I may still get a phone call or email tonight as promised.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Don't hold your breath!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Actually, through the help of a great affiliate manager, someone else is checking on the status of my account and why I was paid for April and not March. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.

However, what bothers me is the statement I received from LS support that many of the payments were not correct. That puts very little faith in LS's ability to track, record and pay us as they are contractually supposed to do for our merchants.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I haven't received the check but my 25th run doesn't include March either...just April.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread