Amazing - a different problem @ LS
    I have been receiving LS datafeeds for several months after they made their datafeed function changes that require me to ftp-get their feeds one at a time instead of using a wild card approach (*.gz...). I got my script to run and it has faithfully downloaded the datafeeds for several months.

Starting this week - I receive 28 feeds containing only a zipped message ... ERROR: multiple Merchandiser files requested simultaneously. Only one file can be downloaded at a time ... and one feed that has the correct data.

Any thoughts why the change and is anyone else downloading successfully multiple datafeeds? Or anyone else also having trouble?

Charles

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I tried getting the Mondera and other feeds tonight and it was just gibberish. And yes I was in binary mode.

Just another example of the problems we are currently experiencing at LinkShare becuase of the man in charge. Mr. Messer is quickliy bringing this company down to a level of June 1st, 2001.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

That's odd. All of my datafeeds downloaded fine this morning at around 4am CST.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Like pulling teeth ...
    I got about half of mine this morning - I'll see later on today if they are complete - guess I'll keep trying and see if I can get all of them over the next few days

Charles

Special Liaison
    Dear micheck,

If you're still encountering a problem, please email merchandiser-a@linkshare.com.

Regards,

Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Just another example of the problems we are currently experiencing at LinkShare becuase of the man in charge. Mr. Messer is quickliy bringing this company down to a level of June 1st, 2001.
    I came here looking for a solution to my problem as I'm new to LS datafeeds.

Have no problems with 3 other companies so I thought it must really be me. It's pleasing to see it is not me and evidently the problem has been ongoing for a long time.

twclarkIIc,

Welcome to ABW. Sadly, LS has had many problems over many years and has been very slow to respond to affiliate and merchant suggestions for improvments.

Fortunatly, Mr. Messer is no longer with the company, as I referenced above. Sadly, the new owners and the new CEO have not given any of us any confidence in the future of LS.

My recommendations to any affilaites (regardless of the bad press given to any network here) is to spread yourself out over various networks and merchants. Just like it is not wise to invest all your money in one stock, it is wise to try other networks and merchants.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm 65go'nOn and learned to take a positive outlook on everything. I do have other networks and participate in their data feeds. I read several threads looking for an answer and I'm aware of the bad press. For myself I'm not in the business of burning bridges.

I use merchant's banners from LS and several have moved to other networks. When that happens I right with them. I will POSITIVELY stay with LS until they no longer have merchants of interest.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread