Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Angry Smesser...
    I want to know WHY you choose to not respond to people after telling us to email you personally about our verification problems. I am appalled by the fact that I emailed you not even two hours after you said we should yesterday, only to receive some form letter that I had already received over a week ago, signed by some Ebony person. Forgive me for saying so, but I don't care what this fictitious Ebony has to say, because it's all auto-reply tripe anyway. Then I get a response from another email I sent a week ago, that still doesn't address my validation problem - I was just copied the email sent under your name about the check dates, etc. This just adds insult to injury. But the final straw?? Well let's look at that...

After finally being so irritated by this validation situation, I decide for the fun of it, why not enter my husband's info, since I had tried everything else I could with my info. You know what? IT TOOK. I know you're thinking, "Well she should be happy." NO, I'M NOT. I am my own person, and I don't think as a business person, I should have to have my husband cash my checks for me! Why can't your sub par 'third party identification service' verify me? I was born and raised in the US - have had this social for 28 years. I have been married for almost 2 years, and lived at my current address for over 3 years. My husband isn't even a US citizen! He's a permanent resident from another country, and has only been in this country about 9 years. But he's verifiable and I'm NOT? I demand to know - it is all our legal rights as affiliates in your network to know - who this third party is, because they are making a big cock up of everything. There is no reason why many of us should have to enter wrong information to get paid.

You owe us much more than your usual "I don't know what the problem is, but we're working on it," speech. You owe us real, honest answers, real fixes for our problems, and if that can not be achieved under your 'new and improved' system, then you need to cut your losses and go back to the old system until the new system works. This has gone way beyond beta issues. You have now entered into the dark waters of clients that have enough ammunition to pursue your company legally.

I strongly suggest you respond in an honest, non-evasive fashion, because your days are just about numbered with the people that are keeping you in business. Trust me, bad publicity may still be publicity, but in our industry, it could be the death of a company like LS. Never underestimate the power of 'little affiliates'.

Regards,

~Lisa~
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

This would make me so mad I would probably buy an ad in the NYTimes to tell the whole world what idiots they are!!!!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze

I strongly suggest you respond in an honest, non-evasive fashion, because your days are just about numbered with the people that are keeping you in business. Trust me, bad publicity may still be publicity, but in our industry, it could be the death of a company like LS. Never underestimate the power of 'little affiliates'.

Regards,

~Lisa~
    I think a lot of what we are seeing (Mr. Messers much more frequent posts here) is simply damage control...but, sadly, a tad bit too late. Affiliates are dropping LS merchants and LS Merchants are dropping LS.

It would be nice if when Mr. Messer posts something here, then sits and watches the responses for 30-60 minutes, that he respond to some of the questions raised by his limited posts. But, alas, he ignores us while we know he is there reading. That in itself says a lot about his true motives and concern for us.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I think a lot of what we are seeing (Mr. Messers much more frequent posts here) is simply damage control...but, sadly, a tad bit too late. Affiliates are dropping LS merchants and LS Merchants are dropping LS.
    Well, it's poorly executed damage control, because things have escalated and reached boiling point. But as you said, it came too late.

And just a quick clarification - I do want to point out I love my hubby dearly - I guess this sort of makes him sound like a second-class citizen! Poor dear... I am just making the point that if someone who has not lived here his whole life, and not been in the federal records his whole life, can get verified, and not someone who has had their SSN their whole life, what does this say about this mysterious third party service?? How can they help LS fight against 'fraudulent' affiliates when they don't even know how to identify real people in a consistent fashion??
    Last edited by lstolze; June 1st, 2005 at 11:26 AM.

Exactly. Everything about the "New", "Improved" Linkshare has been poorly planned and poorly executed.

We are all (affiliates, merchants and even LS's poor support staff) victims of Mr. Messer's project Athena. Your point is well taken regarding the trust in this third party service. We can't trust their records, we can't trust LS's reporting, we can't trust Mr. Messer to pay us when he says he will.

Yes, there are some good things about the changes (actually, consilidated checks is the only thing I can thing of), but all the crap that has been dumped on us affiliates implementing just is not worth it.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    lstolze - How can they help LS fight against 'fraudulent' affiliates when they don't even know how to identify real people?
    Thanks to say it.

It's actually been fairly effective damage control. The volume of posts and rage here have been down quite a bit since Stephen started his regular updates. It would be down quite a bit more if they would stop the spin and just fix things.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It's actually been fairly effective damage control. The volume of posts and rage here have been down quite a bit since Stephen started his regular updates. It would be down quite a bit more if they would stop the spin and just fix things.
    With all due respect Michael, I haven't noticed a huge decrease in posts on this. I'll grant you that people have calmed down a bit lately, but I don't think it's because of his spin posts. I think it's because people have started getting checks - even if they are for small percentages of what is owed - or are at least seeing in Synergy that checks have been processed. It still doesn't change the fact that everything over there is a mess, and many affiliates are entering incorrect data in a feverish attempt to get money that is owed to them. You are certainly right that fixing this mess is what he really needs to do. I would be perfectly happy to not hear from him for weeks on end if it was apparent (and actually noted on the LS site) that things were really being worked on and fixed. Now look at me...having pipe dreams again! :

Well, he (Mr. Messer) as been viewing your thread for over an hour now without response.

Either he is trying to think of a response or you will be ignored once again.

Iztolze...you bring up a very good point that I have mentioned several times. Most of our information is being found here, either by the few posts of Mr. Messer or mostly from what affiliates are finding out via support or via their merchants. LS needs to post updates and information at their site. That should be their very first thing when getting information to us. This seems to be another lesson they have not learned through all of this.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Well, there is your answer...Mr. Messer has logged out of ABW after viewing your post for over an hour.

Not totally unexpected, though.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Nope. I'm not surprised at all, Ron. I think the odds were better for a large anvil to fall from the sky and land in the middle of my living room, than for him to actually respond to anything we have to say. I have a few choice words I like to use for people like him, but out of courtesy to my peers on here, I will simply mutter them repeatedly to myself...

The rage is alive and well.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I agree that we're a long way from having this mess resolved, but things have quieted down quite a bit since Stephen started giving us regular updates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I agree that we're a long way from having this mess resolved, but things have quieted down quite a bit since Stephen started giving us regular updates.
    yes, it has slowed down some of the ranting and raving. perhaps even some of the calls for tarring/feathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    yes, it has slowed down some of the ranting and raving. perhaps even some of the calls for tarring/feathering.
    I'm a supporter of the covering with honey and releasing a swarm of bees, personally...

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    I'm a supporter of the covering with honey and releasing a swarm of bees, personally...
    but that might just tickle. let's keep keelhauling as an option, just in case.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    MC... some of us have stopped venting because...

It hasn't helped. They are who they are.

There's only so many ways you can vent about the same problem(s) - and I've run out of ways

I've moved from "venting/cussing" to the more productive dropping/swapping

There are "outside deals" to be had from LS merchants who value their affiliates. You have to look. You have to ask.

I'm calling Billy Kay ... Bang on Billy from now on.
    It hasn't helped, and with the exception of a couple of merchants the Stop Drop and SWAP is moving along nicely.
    I have a couple I really like and am willing to maintain the "status quo" ... for now.
    We'll see what happens in the next week or two.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

I decided to post an update to this thread:

At 4:56 PM EST, Mr. Messer sent me a PM asking for the email I sent him yesterday so he can "look into" what I'm saying. Of course, that was the last I heard, but I'll give him the benefit that he'll get to it first thing tomorrow. Even though he posted this - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=58941 - afterwards, and floated for quite awhile before logging off - but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt....

I won't forget how Linkshare has acted and I have not gone to find new merchants there and do not plan on changing that position. The merchants that I have been lazy to do anything about are getting dropped slowly but surely. I'm finished with any plans on "growing" with Linkshare. My goal is to ween myself away from them.

OK here goes...
    Only found this site today. I have been unable to verify my details also... surprise surprise !!!! Sent an email to Mr smesser as he stated.... I received a phone call from the mentioned Ebony who informs me that it is a problem at their end..... dont change anything and you will still get paid was the advice....but I asked.... what if my details are not correct..... then we will email you when you can update your information like we have before... I have received no emails from them, so how am I meant to know when this is working ?????? Dont worrry... we will still pay you with the information you have posted..... thank goodness I didnt register as Mickey Mouse !!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is meant to stop fraud etc..... how can it when I could have registered as anyone ???? The time I have spent trying every possible combination to get my details to verify is ridiculous. Have been told on several occasions to register as an individual, but even that wont verify... and yes..... many tries on those details also. Am I real ??????
    I am a small fish in a big pond.... learning and growing..... but when I receive an error message every time I log into the system telling me that payments will be withheld.... I wonder, even though Im told I will receive payment !! Im stopping any further design work on my new site until this is resolved.... how can I have faith ?? Im sorry you guys & gals have this to contend with and the mystery of when you will be paid. My site isnt live yet.... and having put up with this unknown for over 2 weeks and being constantly told it will be sorted this weekend..... Dont know how much longer I can hold my breath !!!!
    Thats my rambling for tonight.
    Simon

Simon,

First, Welcome to ABW! It's a wonderful place where we can all come and praise or put down. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you these last few weeks without the support and shared experiences that we all have had during this fiasco.

Sadly, you and many others have done exactly what we were told to do by LS staff and many of us have had to fight tooth and nail for every little bit of headway so we can get paid. I've not delt with Ebony but once, but I have dealt with many others on almost a daily basis the last two weeks and I still have not been paid. Worse, they have lost my March commissions and my first check, if it ever comes, will only be April.

Hang in there, Simon, and spread those links out across the various netorks. This has been an important lesson for all of us.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Oh...my....gawd...I am near speechless. It's true, SMesser is as ineffectual as a cat with a vacuum cleaner. This is his big 'I'll look into it'???? I just got THIS:

Dear lstolze,

Steve Messer sent out an email last week stating we're aware that some affiliates are encountering issues reregistering with their correct information. Due to this, all affiliates who update their registration information through the new process will get paid whether or not LinkShare is able to
    successfully validate their registration information. You will know that you completed the registration process if you no longer see, "Join Now" with 4 steps to follow after you log on. If you're registering your name with the correct social security number and address (which you already stated you were), you do not need to take any further steps. If you see a message stating you're not validated and will not receive payment, you can ignore that message. It will be updated soon. LinkShare will work through the validation process behind the scenes. If needed you will be contacted individually for additional verification.

Regards,

Ebony L Dixon
    Manager, Affiliate Support
    LinkShare Corporation
    ----------------------

HOW THE HELL DOES THIS SOLVE MY PROBLEM?!?!?! Forgive me, but I just, I don't even know. I have a degree, I've worked since I was 13, and I had a GPA of 3.5. I am much better at dealing with people than this guy and his cronies.... Can I PLEASE overthrow him or something???? I could do a better job with my eyes closed and with a bad case of irritable bowel syndrome!! I'm a Marketing professional, and NEVER had to shovel through as much crap as I have to now. Just rehash to me the same crap I've already received in - let's see - 4 emails?? And it doesn't even address my problem.

This guy is giving me an ulcer....

Istolze... Good Morning.
    Sounds exactly like my telephone conversation yesterday with the aforementioned Ebony. I was told that by registering my company name would result in an invalid validation...... but...........when I have tried to update my information.... no go !!... Dont worry we will still pay you ???!!!????? was the answer I got back.
    I am sick and tired of trying to get my name to register .... Im not trying any longer to try and help out if they arent bothered either and am going to sit back and wait for them to contact me.... after all... I have a valid SS#, a valid postal address, telephone number,etc. Guess Im missing the question that asks my underwear size !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    maybe come Xmas I will post back my latest news.... thats if I havent disappeared into the oblivion of being validated from being a non-entity... I bet if I owed anyone money..... they would know how to come looking for me !!!!!!!!!
    SHEEEESH !!! Trying to curb my swearing... Im surprised my almost three year old hasent picked up on the phrases I associate with Linkshare !!!
    Off to change a diaper...... now theres a connection !!!!!
    Simon

LOL!!!!

Aw, just steal your husband's ID, dress in drag and go cash the check at your local bar.

Might meet some new people and make new friends!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast