How to match up check with actual commission earned?
    Anyone have a good way to match up your consolidated check with what actual commission you have earned?

I tried to match it up using the "Sales & Activity" Report. A few merchants were right on. According to that, some merchants were short-paying me. Others were paying me too much. Sometimes that numbers were close and other times they were right on.

Any suggestions?

Also, for the "5/17" check i received, does this really only include March payments and previous unpaid balances? Does it include any April commissions?

Seven

The only way I was able to do it was contact my merchants for March and April commissions.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The checks seldom ever matched the "Sales & Activity" report. That is reported by transaction date, while the payments are made based on posting date. You used to be able to click on the individual amounts in the "Payment Report" to see a daily summary, which for most merchants would show most of the last day of the previous month, then the entire month except for most of the last day of the month.

Also, any manual adjustments were only shown in the "Payment Report" and can't be found through the beta Synergy Analytics reports.

You really need access to the old "Payment Report" to figure it all out.

I haven't heard from anyone who got any April commissions in the "5/17" check. Mine included March payments from some merchants and older "below the minimum" amounts for some merchants.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

One of my merchant partners overpaid me by over $600. I have to believe that this amount includes some April commissions considering that they were all paid up through Feb.

Could it have been a Q4 bonus?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Hmmm. I guess it could have been. I wasn't aware of it if it was. That would be cool though!

Ok, I took another look at the Affiliate Monthly Payment Summary report. 3 of my merchants' April commissions are included in either the 5/17 or 5/25 check. I'm positive of this.

Seven

what on earth?
    Quote Originally Posted by seven-link
    Affiliate Monthly Payment Summary report
    Where can I find this report?

This is nonsensical. The payment report is months old. I click the SynergyAnalytics link, and I get a blank page.

How are we supposed to know who paid us?

They took the report down and Stephen left the country. Nobody knows why.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

15 years and counting
    "How are we supposed to know who paid us?" I've no idea where I stand anymore. I know one thing for sure, I'm swapping links like crazy at each opportunity. My traffic for LinkShare merchants is down at least 50%. They are calling me to negociate. I've no time for that. By the way, where are all the LinkShare merchants? I can't find one thread supporting the affiliates and asking LinkShare to reconsider their Athena project.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    "I can't find one thread supporting the affiliates and asking LinkShare to reconsider their Athena project.
    There is no going back. It reminds me of an IT implementation years ago where we abandoned an old process and started a new one with no overlap built in between the systems, we just cut over. It ended up working in the end, but was the only time I had people literally shouting and threatening physical violence. It was the most stressful project I've ever done. It was a tiny implementation compared to Athena.

It does seem to be a pretty big omission not to have a way to see exactly how the check amount was calculated. It's definitely messed up my ability to verify and balance $ amounts.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleland
    There is no going back. It reminds me of an IT implementation years ago where we abandoned an old process and started a new one with no overlap built in between the systems, we just cut over. It ended up working in the end, but was the only time I had people literally shouting and threatening physical violence. It was the most stressful project I've ever done. It was a tiny implementation compared to Athena.

It does seem to be a pretty big omission not to have a way to see exactly how the check amount was calculated. It's definitely messed up my ability to verify and balance $ amounts.
    Perhaps there is no going back, but it should be fairly simple to revive both the "Payment History Report" and the "Payment Report" in parallel to what is already there in Synergy Analytics.

15 years and counting
    marcelle - Perhaps there is no going back, but it should be fairly simple to revive both the "Payment History Report" and the "Payment Report" in parallel to what is already there in Synergy Analytics.
    I agree 100%. Thanks to an ABW member, I was able to see my March and April commissions in the old "Payment Report". To keep that "Payment Report" was not costing them one cent. But, I assume, it was giving us way too much power and the ability to dispute the inaccurate and missing information in the SynergyAnalytics reports. I saw my Q4 bonuses in the old report paid by the merchants and the payment is not included in my checks. Where's the money?

I can no longer use that "trick" to see newer payments.

Does anybody have another way to see them?

I was able to use the "trick" a few days ago.

If this makes sense (coding it a bit)

the think that has to be changed (to change the month)... I don't have it to change where it should be.

is it possible that linkshare figured it out and hid the part that needs to be changed (making it internal)?

15 years and counting
    It works. I've seen my Payment Report up to June.

Can somebody message me the trick then.
    Perhaps I'm using an outdated version?

thanks

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread