buy.com transitions
    My buy.com links have been all up since last night around 7pm. I had lots of clicks but not a single sale. This is quite unusual in my case, because on the average I used to get 20 sales per day when buy.com was with linkshare. Is CJ order reporting OK? Anyone else having a problem?

Thanks.

Perhaps they batch? I would wait until tomorrow before I worried too much.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdunbar
    My buy.com links have been all up since last night around 7pm. I had lots of clicks but not a single sale. This is quite unusual in my case, because on the average I used to get 20 sales per day when buy.com was with linkshare. Is CJ order reporting OK? Anyone else having a problem?

Thanks.
    I dropped them early this year when it became apparent that there were too many leaks (non-commissionable site links) on their site. I don't know if anything has changed there for the better lately.

I was concerned with "leakage" when they introduced Yub, but Melissa posted that links to Yub were suppressed on clicks from affiliate sites. At the time, I tested it with my Linkshare link and she was right. I tested it again Tuesday night with my new CJ link, and I don't see any mention of Yub or any AdSense ads on Buy.com after clicking through my affiliate link. I don't think there's any leakage.

I've averaged over an 8% conversion ratio with Buy.com this year, which also indicates that there is little if any leakage.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I was concerned with "leakage" when they introduced Yub, but Melissa posted that links to Yub were suppressed on clicks from affiliate sites. At the time, I tested it with my Linkshare link and she was right. I tested it again Tuesday night with my new CJ link, and I don't see any mention of Yub or any AdSense ads on Buy.com after clicking through my affiliate link. I don't think there's any leakage.

I've averaged over an 8% conversion ratio with Buy.com this year, which also indicates that there is little if any leakage.
    so far, so good, then . . . I'll have to put them on my future work list.

That's just my take, though. Many are still upset that they're not doing more to eliminate parasites.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

just checked @ CJ: buy.com doesn't batch transactions.

If you're talking about the indicator that shows when they sent their most recent batches, I think that only shows up for merchants who have sent a batch. If they haven't sent their first batch (which they probably haven't since they didn't intend to start their program until today), it probably won't show that they're a batch merchant. Todd could probably clarify if he sees this. Either way, we should know for sure tomorrow. Also, you could check it by placing an order and looking for the sale tracking image tag. There won't be one there if they batch.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Talking Buy.com's Move to CJ and Trans Processing
    Dear Affiliates,

Thank you for your posts and most of all thank you for joining us at CJ! We are excited about our new partnership. I wanted to let you know we are batch processing our transactions daily to CJ as orders ship.

Since we launched today, any orders that shipped today with go in tonight's batch to CJ.

Please feel free to email me at affiliates@buy.com if you have any more questions!

Thanks again for your support!

Best Regards,
    Melissa

Melissa D. Salas
    Buy.com Marketing Manager

Red face
    apparently this info from the buy.com data page at CJ is translatable different ways:

Batch Process Transactions: No

as in: Not Yet

so, I stand corrected.

Hey, I'll promote buy.com simply because they moved from LinkShare (would love to know the privy on why that occured). Melissa...sending you an email before I join with a question about your datafeed.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Sorry about the confusion Herb, I have contacted my CJ AM and she is going to add some language to our program description to help clarify.

Thanks,
    Melissa

Once we recieve the first batch from Buy.com, it will change to BATCH: YES. Sorry for the confusion.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Cool Buy.com Batch
    Hello Everyone,

FYI, we just sent over our first batch to CJ. From now on, we will be sending the batched files around 9am PST to CJ Monday thru Friday.

Cheers,
    Melissa

Melissa D. Salas

Melissa,

Multiple batches per day would really help fine tune our marketing campaigns. Also why only monday thru friday? This means for two days we won't have a clue on how we are doing.

The more feedback we get as to what sells and what doesn't, the better the conversions will be. This is good for us and in the long term it would be good for you too! In fact when I first heard you decided to switch to CJ I got excited mostly because I thought I would have an opportunity to get real-time order tracking. I am a little bit disappointed after you told us that you are batch processing your transactions. For me things would be more different if you do multiple batches per day. I hope others also share this view. Thanks for the updates. Matt.

Great suggestion!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback and we are always looking to improve our processes whenever possible.

We only send transactions that have shipped to CJ in our batched files. There are very few orders that ship on Saturday so those transactions are included in Monday's batch. The reason why we batch Monday thru Friday is because we do not receive weekend shipment activity until Monday. We also receive multiple shipment records from all our distributors and compile them 1x day and then bill the customer. This process is once per day. As soon as we bill the customer, we then pass on that completed sale transaction to CJ with the referring affiliate data associated with it.

Since our shipment records and billing processes dont happen multiple times throughout the day, we cannot pass that data to CJ.

However, I will say I will put in the request for such functionality to be developed. I know it is a pretty big project so I cannot say when it would be completed.

Hope this helps clarify.

You have my phone number, so feel free to call me with any additional concerns.

Best,
    Melissa

Melissa D. Salas

Melissa, thanks for the reply. Matt.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread