ToolKing strives for a parasite free program!!!
    After careful research we have decided to remove Ebates from our affiliate program. This is due to comments from affiliates and managers from this forum, private communications from this forum, referrals and some simple research.

Norton's knowledge base identifies Ebates as Adware with this comment: Redirects Internet Explorer traffic intended for certain Web sites to the URLs associated with their affiliates.

A Google search for Ebates lists multiple sites identifying Ebates as Spyware, Adware, Parasite, etc.

ToolKing has a policy against sites that redirect or use of pop-ups/unders. This decision was used to remove www.180solutions.com last year.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chucktool
    After careful research we have decided to remove Ebates from our affiliate program. This is due to comments from affiliates and managers from this forum, private communications from this forum, referrals and some simple research.
    Chuck,

WTG !! Thank you for taking the ethical and moral road. You did the right thing, for the program and the hard working affiliates.

You sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    WTG Chuck and good move on Toolking's part. I know it is often times more challenging for an AM new to a Merchant to bring about such policy change in a program. So you get a couple of extra kudos and hats off for your efforts.

BTW Chuck, I did get your email. Things have been a bit crazy here, but I'm going to try and give you a buzz on the phone later today to discuss a couple of things.

Hey Chuck,

WTG I was going to pull TK after seeing the LS email with Ebates on there. Now I will get the links up and put up some new ones.

Chuck,

Do NOT Post Affiliate URLS - it is a violation of our policies!

You should ask in the Affiliate Manager forum
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread