Affiliate Network Rep
    Analytics
    Hi all -

After almost a decade of tracking affiliate transactions, LinkShare has
    amassed many, many terabytes of data. In order to optimize reporting on all
    this information, we've taken all our historical data and put it into our
    new analytic system called SynergyAnalytics.

You can still review your 2005 impression, click and transaction data in the
    Run Reports section when you log in. Your 2004 transaction data will also be
    added to this area in the coming week.

But in order to access *all* of your data - from 2005 as well as all prior
    years - you should now use the SynergyAnalytics system. Note that for the
    time being, SynergyAnalytics is still in Beta and is only available to IE
    6.0 users.

Once you become familiar with the advantages of SynergyAnalytics, we hope
    that you will agree that it provides the kinds of advanced tools necessary
    to continue to grow your business.

Best Regards,

Stephen

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    You know, instead of all these fly by postings, if need be, ask Haiko for a moderated thread and just take a day and answer all our questions. The SynergyAnalytics is slow as hell. Also since you made us take the extra step at login for security reasons, why isn't this thing available for Firefox, since IE is not known for it's security. Get a moderated thread going. Whatever happens, keep the old reports, they work fine for me.

edited for voluntary self moderation.
    Answers would be nice!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    "Oh sir, I saw it! Some angry member of the kitchen staff. Did you not tip them? Oh, appears they ran that way, it was a run by fruiting."

-----

When you can't say what you really want to, it's always good to have an arsenal of movie quotes available. Nobody knows what the hell you're saying but at least you stay out of trouble....
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Found something interesting today you all might find interesting. SynergyAnalytics is the name of a corpration in Minnesota that has nothing to do with LinkShare (I checked). Their domain name is SynergyAnalytics.com. It appears that LinkShare may not be the orginator of this name. Are they just "borrowing" it? I wonder how LS got the trademark approved?

Actually found this site by accident when I tried emailing dave[at]SynergyAnalytics.com, thinking maybe I could find long, lost Dave who disappeared on Feb. 7. But, no luck.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

So Ron, did you give these guys a heads up on their name being used?

They know now because of my inquiry about a LinkShare affiliation in my search for Dave. They were curious about LinkShare, so I told them to do a search for SynergyAnalytics on Google. I don't think they were too pleased.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

This sort of peeves me because I like viewing my history. Now I have to use this clunky system for anything older than 5 months. At this point SynergyAnalytics is unusable in my opinion. First off, I don't like to use IE, so that's one strike. But the major problem is that it's got a horrible user interface and is incredibly slow. The platform needs to be entirely rewritten. I don't know what LS was thinking by writing this on such a slow and cumbersome platform. Please just stick to perl or PHP. I honestly won't find this tool useful until it's rewritten completely. This beta version is impractical and unusable. The traditional reports are much better and much faster. Until SynergyAnalytics is as fast, as intuitive and as good as the current reports I won't be spending any time on it.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks SynergyAnalytics is completely worthless. There will have to be some major improvements before the system is even useable.

Dave

Speaking about the wonderful new Beta product that becomes more useful as Linkshare disables features from the old reporting, is anyone able to get into it tonight?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thumbs down
    I think mr. messer made to much money last year so he is trying his very hardest to operate his company at a loss this year.

What the F*** are you thinking?!?! You keep taking stuff away from us that worked fine and was very simple and easy to use, make exports, etc, etc. and give us this bullcrap.

I hope they loose all of their anchor merchants because of this. This is just getting down right retarded. I can not express how angry I am with LinkSHIT right now.

take, take take is that the name of the game or LinkSHIT's new corporate policy ? Hrmmm lets take away what works from the people make US boatloads of money and give them unuesable CRAP. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, I prefer the old reporting. It gives me the info I need. this new thing gives me info I don't need and I got lost trying to find the regular detailed reports. Can we have the old reports back?

Besides, I use firefox for everything. At least let us see our reports using firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Speaking about the wonderful new Beta product that becomes more useful as Linkshare disables features from the old reporting, is anyone able to get into it tonight?
    No, as of 04:14 Central time.
    [left][font=Trebuchet MS][color=darkslategray][/color][/font] [/left]

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It's 7:42 am EST - still no go. This sytem makes Micro$oft Windows look stable and flawless.

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Angry
    Seriously this so &#%"ing amateur it is beyond words. SynergyAnalytics is so crap, why may I ask is it IE only. Is is because of those 'flashy' "Processing Data" type dynamic areas or what. It's not as if it uses any mega-complex Javascript implementation or anything. If it did then we wouldn't have to go through those Step1, Step2, Step3 type reports, the report variables would be configured on one page and then sent off to compile the report.

LinkShare take a leaf out of Google's book. Ok I realise that Google has a whole lot more resources at their disposal when creating new interfaces and tools for their various services but I mean C'MON even their interface for a simple tool works splendidly in all major browsers. Your reporting system is at the heart of your workings but you can't even get that right. I despair.

I feel really sorry for the people who don't know about this forum, they must feel so in the dark right now. Here's an idea LinkShare, why not send out a mass mail to all your members and inform they can follow exactly what is going on and participate in making your systems better if they visit this forum. Although somehow I think that's not going to happen.

When you speak of Google and all their resources, you have to realize they would not take on something without lots of contigency plans and having everything well tested. They'd also have the financial resources to get immediate help if it was needed. Mr. Messer's inability to fix the many problems indicates to me he simply does not have the resources to handle something this big, either in staff, finances or other areas.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Mr. Messer's inability to fix the many problems indicates to me he simply does not have the resources to handle something this big, either in staff, finances or other areas.
    And that to me is the most worrying aspect of the whole fiasco.

To me, it indicates that the staff doesn't have the knowledge and experience to handle something this big. The size of the staff doesn't matter anywhere near as much as how that staff is used. I've seen small staffs develop tremendous products. I've seen large staffs mess things up as bad as Linkshare has.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by smesser
    Hi all -

After almost a decade of tracking affiliate transactions, LinkShare has
    amassed many, many terabytes of data. In order to optimize reporting on all
    this information, we've taken all our historical data and put it into our
    new analytic system called SynergyAnalytics.
    Optimize? he-heh. Funny.

So, in the old system, I checked my "Sales & Activity" report for a period of 5/1 thru 5/31 and in less than 1 minute, I have the data I'm looking for.

In the new optimized SynergyAnalitics, I click "Sales and Activity Report" from the "Network Transaction Analysis" page and I finally get my results in just under 5 minutes...ON BROADBAND.

op·ti·mize (pt-mz)
    tr.v. op·ti·mized, op·ti·miz·ing, op·ti·miz·es
    1. To make as perfect or effective as possible.
    2. Computer Science. To increase the computing speed and efficiency of (a program), as by rewriting instructions.
    3. To make the most of.
    frus·trate (frstrt)
    tr.v. frus·trat·ed, frus·trat·ing, frus·trates
    1. To prevent from accomplishing a purpose or fulfilling a desire; thwart: A persistent wind frustrated my attempt to rake the lawn.
    2. To cause feelings of discouragement or bafflement in.
    3. To make ineffectual or invalid; nullify.
    [left][font=Trebuchet MS][color=darkslategray][/color][/font] [/left]

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread