May 25th Checks
    Mr Messer, you told the entire board last week that these checks will be sent out to mail on May 31st. Just curious to know if they really went out or not!!!

I got word today that mine was sent on May 31st. Took many emails, phone calls and even calling in an affiliate manager to get enough folks involved for me to get a definitive answer.

My biggest fear was that my March payment would not be included as it still does not show up in SynergyAnalitics. I was assured to day, by phone call, that the March amount will be in that check. Now to see if the check actually arrives and for what amount. I'm not very optimistic after the LS's track record the last several weeks.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I got word today that mine was sent on May 31st...

7-Days, thanks for sharing this. I suppose we'll get our checks this week...I hope.

marcelle

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I too was wondering when the 25th check run would be mailed. I see in the Analytics report that not one penny of back commissions or even March payments were included in my total shown....only April earnings. Only the April merchants who paid the April vouchers were in there. Nice if the Analytics check issued report totals are off as 7-Days insider said. So much for the consolidation carrot and having to put up with all the crapolla and hic-ups. Who do I beg to get paid for March and the leftover back commissions from a variety of merchnats.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

From the sounds of it Mike, if the same happens to you, your March commissions will be in with the next check. I just pulled up SynergyAnalytics again (boy is it SLOW) and even though I click on Q12005 it will only show me Q22005 reports. Has anyone else been able to see any payment history for the first quarter? I think this part of the report feature is broken. We can't get March in the old reports and can't get it in the new, what kind of business is Mr. Messer running? We just supposed to guess what we should be paid?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    One thing for sure we will all miss the old payment history report. That one red flagged merchants, like Dell.com, as always 3 months late on making commission payments. I assume they will continue to be slow pay on even the consolidate plan. Hope LS forces them all into a escrow account basis if their payment track record demands this move.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

May 25 checks
    I received my latest check Tuesday for March. It was missing about 75% of the commissions due. There was no explanation or breakdown of merchants. Sent 2 emails to Linkshare and received no response--one to support and the other to contact@linkshare.com. I have all the transactions which I saved earlier. Also in Feb. a major merchant pulled out and left me no commissions for Dec, Jan and
    Feb. and a bounced check. Linkshare did eventually make good on part of the commissions, which came from ecom??

Do I smell a bankrupcy coming on--and is it worth the time to continue building pages?

Bankruptcy? I hope not, but since LS did teeter on the edge of bankruptcy just four years ago (taken from other post here this last week), one does have to ask themselves if they learned anything from all that. Obviously, treating affiliates like partners never quite made it, did it?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Checks are not sent MAy 31st
    I just checked my mail for today. Had the check been sent on May 31st I would receive it today, but no check in the mail. Yet another deceitful act from Mr. Messer. As of today I am not promoting any linkshare merchants!!!!

You can't know that if a check was sent 5/31 that you'd have it today. I've had checks sent from across the city here that took two weeks. It isn't common, but it has happened. I do happen to think Stephen Messer is deceitful, I just don't think that you didn't receive your check yet is the proof.

AAnnAArchy,

I understand that checks may get delayed sometimes but in my case that never happened. I received several checks from Linkshare since I joined them and all of them without any exception came two days after the date of postmark. I am sure that Mr Messer is hiding something from the affiliates and the merchants, perhaps a bankruptcy filing ...

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Mine used to come a couple days after the postmark too, but I did notice in a thread yesterday that someone said the new checks are now drawn on a bank in California, so I assume that they are coming from there now.

Does anyone know if that is correct?

I haven't received mine yet either.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Last Checks
    My last check was dated 5/18 and received it 5/31.
    It was from Wells Fargo in San Francisco with a low check number!!

Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Yes, the new checks are coming from California instead of New York.

FYI, we mailed an anniversary card to our next door neighbor a little over a week ago. It took 7 days to get there. Normally, it just takes a couple days for mail to get here from almost anywhere in the US. But, like Ann said, it can vary quite a bit.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread