How does one go about identifying whether an affiliate is a parasite? I've been reading through a lot of the posts in this forum, which has been a GREAT help.

As a merchant that is fairly new to affiliate marketing, we definitely want to keep our program parasite-free.

Larry Hiscock

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar

One of my new merchants, is meeting with a programmer today so see if any kind of program can be written that can help merchants screen for parasites. I don't know if it's possible, but I admire him for trying.

Parasite screening is a very tedious and unpredicatable task. Don't have any easy answers for you, just takes a lot of research and diligence.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    Amazing Socks::ABCLeads::4LowRates::ChatDollars::ConsciousOne::EveryTicket::Organize-Everything
    DentalPlans::Irv's Luggage::Executive Essentials::IntelliContactPro::zZounds::RoadLoans

Affiliate Manager
    If anyone can invent something to identify a parasite right away that would sure be one of the hottest inventions on the net

But then of course the slimies would invent something to go undetected by the spyware catcher software...and so on and so on.

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    It sure would help if all networks demanded affiliates/DUPERS disclose the use a BHO shopper application in their application. Adding a BHO later or disguising it's use on a sister site would require immediate notification to all their merchant partners. Fairule to disclose would negate any payout of any accumulated commissions and termination.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread