Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zappos Tracking and 7 Day EPC?
    I was just gathering some links and noticed that Zappos is down to a $4.74 7 day EPC. If you look at the 7 day graph it looks a bit suspicious. Anyone kinow whats going on with them?

Internet Cowboy
    I see that too. I would say it is a data transfer problem somewhere on CJ.
    My 7 day EPC with them is over $44, the same it has been for about a year.

ABW Ambassador
    There was post today or yesterday about a test purchase not showing up, could be related.

ABW Ambassador
    Just took a look at the 30 Day Trend (7 day EPC)

May 3 - May 28 EPC is steady at $35 then

May 29 - $15
    May 30 - $8
    May 31 - $5
    Jun 1 - $5
    Jun 2 - $5

Yup, looks like the problems with Zappos started sometime on the 29th. With a test purchase not going through that raises the suspicion more to tracking than a data transfer problem IMO unless of course the transaction are being recorded rest assured comes into play

I don't think it's a tracking problem. I think it's a click problem. There are some renegade robot out there creating a lot of bogus clicks. I've had a few incidents on my web sites.

My Zappos conversion and EPC are on track with my historical trends.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Of course the "We just had another gazillion-dollar day!" mails just keep on coming.

There's a fly in the ointment.

I don't promote Zappos, but I did get some extremely inflated click totals for a few of my CJ merchants today. I know they surely aren't real and I'm guessing it may have been some sort of bot. Maybe there's something going around clicking on CJ links to reduce EPC's across the board.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

It's a bot. It's hit me several times over the past month. Some times it leavse "OmniExplorer" in the log file, some times it doesn't. It leaves a variety of IP addresses but they all point to Hurricane Electric in California.

I believe it's someone experimenting with a bot that has Hurricane Electric as his/her ISP and a dynamic IP relationship.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

We have seen a terrible drop in zappos epc during the same days the google epc graph (with a one
    day delay) started to drop for zappos..

Also, its NOT across the board epc drop, other merchants I checked, incl. a few other shoes
    merchants, do NOT show the drop.

I notice zappos' site is hard/slow/even not reachable a lot of the time though.

That bot always coming from same address range from Hurricane (I think its a range INSIDE
    hurricane's range, on yet another company name with electric in it..)
    I had one site aggresively spidered by it, no interval between pages, no robots.txt check.

You can remove it by adding the following line in your .htaccess at the right place:
    deny from 65.19.169.224/27
    that will just remove
    65.19.169.224 - 65.19.169.255
    Last edited by shmoogle; June 3rd, 2005 at 09:33 AM. Reason: typing error in ip address

Thanks smoogle I've been getting that bot. You just tipped the scale on me banning it.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

You're welcome Suzi. The company is called Energy Company or so btw, with a PO box only in whois.

Btw, the Zappos EPC drop on CJ indeed looks unreal.. I was unhappy with our Zappos EPC during
    the long holiday weekend and few days after it, really way too low compared to any other holiday before, but it was not that dramatic a drop as in the CJ graphs..

My Zappos business is way off since CJ's last "update".
    I wish I knew what was going on...

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Wonder if you all divided into two camps - PPC vs SEO - we'd learn more about what you're seeing...

i'm not a zappos aff - or any other shoes - just thinking it sounds like a competitor of zappos doing some bot'ing... ppc fraud detectors would nail them... wondering if they're cruising serps for zappos affs and hammering that crowd to minor-ddos zappos and tank epc for them as well...

Problems here too!!
    My Zappos sales are way off as well. I have been screaming at my PPC search engines for loss in sales. My EPC is less than 10 bucks now. Was in upper 20's. Time to write Jack.

My Zappos EPC has been abnormally low (half of normal or less) for most of the days since
    last week friday (yesterday was fair again though, just like last week thursday, which even was
    good). It IS mostly PPC based, and there are some weird patterns (some ads get plenty clicks
    each day but the corresponding items just don;t sell, unlike other very similar ads, etc.). I watch
    the incoming PPC'd SE vis closely these days..

Yet at the bad days traffic was low so there was plenty of spare budget, and the total sales were
    just too low, so accounting this on click fraud (only) seems not the answer. If that was the case
    higher numbers of clicks on the SEs would have resulted.

ABW Ambassador
    Zappos is down for me too, not some renegade bot. Test purchase not showing, their EPC down, my EPC with them down, something on Zappos or CJ's end.

ABW Ambassador
    Zappos is down for me too. Shoebuy (through BFAST) is even worse for the last 3 weeks.

I tried a test purchase this morning and it showed up within an hour. I'm still suspicious about the 7 day EPC has anyone heard from Jack?

ABW Ambassador
    I should do one too. I'm going to have a kick ass flip flop collection.

I talked with Jack today
    Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I tried a test purchase this morning and it showed up within an hour. I'm still suspicious about the 7 day EPC has anyone heard from Jack?
    Jack said he noticed the bogus activity a week ago and is still trying to get the numbers corrected .

ABW Ambassador
    Something ain't right. Emails aren't getting answered. Check out the attached pic, 8 days of way below average EPC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Internet Cowboy
    Trust,
    Have your commission dollars with them dropped at the same rate?

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, I usually have daily sales, nothing this month. I tried emailing when this started, haven't heard back. If anybody has Jack's phone number can you call him or PM me the number and i'll call him. That graph says it all.

I really think that it's something causing unusual clicks. That graph is a 7-day EPC trend, so it's not the EPC for each of those days. If there's a couple of bad days with renegade bots creating tens of thousands of clicks, the 7-day EPC goes low for at least 7 days after the last major occurance. I see it with my 7-day EPC following bad bot activity.

I also believe this because I don't see anything wrong with my Zappos business. Conversion and EPC have not declined.
    Dennis Duffy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast