Host shut my site down!!
    Went to check email and it came back w/account suspended. Went to the webpage big ol' account suspended slapped up. I emailed support as to why I had all my ducks in a row and nothing should be SHUT DOWN!

They informed me that my site crashed their server. This site gets 100 uniques a day if that! Anyway no specifics I'm thinking maybe I got bombed on my amazon pages that are embedded in the site.

O.K. so they tell me they moved my site to a dedicated server and I have a week to decide to stay with them on a dedicated or move the site elswhere...

I can't afford dedicated but I've been looking at VPN or virtual dedicated server.

Anyone here have experience with virtual server? My account right now is a reseller account.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I'd just ditch the host. There's plenty more of them to choose from.

You have no use for anybody who would pull the carpet out from under you like that. They are a liability to you.

I've been using Servint for a while... support is fast by email or toll free...

NO complaints... I host a large pile of sites with them... I too was using resellers accounts before I movedto VPS.

the only thing... I would say is there is a learning curve... to get up and running... because you are in a "dedicated enviorment" meaning if you dont set it up it doesnt get set up... however everytime I needto setup something I sent support an email asking how do I do this or that... and usually they take care of it for me.. and if they dont someone from support walks me through the process...

Best business desision I've made in a while...

MY uptime is 99.9%

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

It *has* happened to me.. but I was pulling in 6000 uniques a day on a shared server. Definitely sounds like the time to get a new host.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I've been thinking about going to a virtual server for awhile now.
    I need more conrol over system files to interact w/my scripts.
    My only concern is if it is shared on a box w/other people will I have the same issues as shared reseller?

My site is back up and they do respond to issues quickly. It was just a shock to go to my page and have a big account suspended page come up.... On my quest for reliable virtual host...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I looked for a host that was honest and had good support. Some of the hosts out there have discussion boards as part of their support that is viewable by the public (you may already know all of this). Look for one of those, you can see what their own customers say. Do you know the folks that run the company one a first name basis? (another good question to ask yourself).

I recently had a domain copyright issue (with one of our Merchants), and my host was completely supportive during the whole thing (wouldn't have shut my down, just because someone said they should). I was in a panic, and they were very calm and helped me work through it.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Went to check email and it came back w/account suspended. Went to the webpage big ol' account suspended slapped up. I emailed support as to why I had all my ducks in a row and nothing should be SHUT DOWN!

They informed me that my site crashed their server. This site gets 100 uniques a day if that! Anyway no specifics I'm thinking maybe I got bombed on my amazon pages that are embedded in the site.

O.K. so they tell me they moved my site to a dedicated server and I have a week to decide to stay with them on a dedicated or move the site elswhere...

I can't afford dedicated but I've been looking at VPN or virtual dedicated server.

Anyone here have experience with virtual server? My account right now is a reseller account.
    Can you tell us the host so we can stay away from them?

If you would rather not publicly, could you PM me - I will be looking at hosts this month.

Thanks

Arrow
    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    I've been using Servint for a while... support is fast by email or toll free...
    I too use ServInt and have no complaints, they have a great user support forum too (Unlike the "ghost town" forums I'd become accustomed to at VO/Data393)... I understand VPScolo is good too, but I've not used them.

My host is Hostgator. In their defense I'm not sure how cpu intensive my website is but I know once before my Amazon script was giving problems and they did move my site to another server asap.

I've not had anyother issues with them and they were lickity split in responding to me. I think my site was down maybe 2 hours. It is just a shock with no warning email or anything.

I'm going to go check out Servint. Thanks my2cents and TJ...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Affiliate Manager
    Hey Suz -

Sorry to hear your host was so stingy.

I've been using Tierra.net for years, along with many of my clients, and I love 'em.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread