Which Laptop....
    Slightly off topic here,
    however am just curious to know what handsets and laptops do fellow webmasters use here..
    Personally, i am using a Nokia 3230 and a HP ZD7020us.
    Hope most of u r richer than i expect

I'm using an Apple Powerbook G4 with 1gb of Ram and a 17" display. It's a great system despite the learning curve. I've almost got it running as smoothly as I'd like. This is my first laptop and my first Apple in about 15 years.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    I don't use a laptop but am looking into getting one. What i do however is hook my pc up to my 37 inch flat screen and work on the couch with my wireless mouse and keyboard.... Eliminates the oh so common numb bottom! :-)

Good one! But how's your back after that? I've found the couch a lot more productive than the desk, but it hurts my back after a while. It's funny that the couch has become my productive zone. When I'm at the desk I'm getting up more often and getting distracted.

- Scott

I do most of my development and day-to-day work in my home office where there's 2 mac's, a windows xp pc, 2 sun servers, a linux server, and my main workstation (linux). But if I want to just relax and write content for sites, I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that's a few years old now that I will take out to a shady spot by the pool and happily type away in my bathing suit. For some reason, I've gotten more motivated to write content as the weather has been getting nicer. :-)

- Tim
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Powerbook, the only way to go.

I am a Sony man! Sony VAIO is my notebook (Sony is my TV, SonyEricsson is my cell)...

Geno

Powerbook here too.
    http://www.apple.com/powerbook/

A have a custom-configured 17" HP ZD7000 series laptop with a 3.4 GHz Hyperthreading Pentium and 1 GB of RAM that I bought back in November. I haven't used a desktop for almost 10 years now. I work in a recliner in the living room.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

So most of u seem to be using powerbook, however, does a powerbook support windows OS as well? i think u need 2 be a MAC pro 4 them... any suggessions?

Powerbooks use Mac OS X which is different from Windows. I believe you can run Windows applications through VirtualPC, but I haven't tried that yet. Mac OS X takes getting used to, but once you get it down it's quite powerful. It's strongly recommended for individuals familiar with Unix and Linux.

- Scott

Titanium powerbook and Apple desktop. Am beginning to use Virtual PC, it's a snap, but of course, a bit slower.

Haven't put VPC on the Powerbook, don't plan to.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    The biggest advantage of the Powerbook is that it DOESN'T use Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    The biggest advantage of the Powerbook is that it DOESN'T use Windows!
    The biggest advantage of the Powerbook (or any Apple computer) is that it CAN use Windows. Like it or not, there's apps, such as data cleaners, etc. that can only be used in Windows.

Fortunately, I rarely find the need to venture there!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    IBM ultra-lite X30 Thinkpad for me. With 512 MB ram and 40 GB hard drive and the media slice option with a DVD-RW, extra battery and Win2000 professional I can be a roadwarrior at client's offices. The day I decide to sell it, for a few hundred more then I paid for it as a refurb, will be the day another like it is on the way. At 3.6 lbs, or 5.1 with the media slice option attached, it's not an effort to carry around and hook into wireless hotspots. I've never owned a lightweight IBM, since the original Butterfly keyboard model, that cost me a dime to use or own for 3 years at a time.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Powerbook 17 inch here too . . OS X rocks!.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

Like ecomcity I'm also a light weight fan and used to have a Thinkpad (can't recall the model, over 3 years ago). I'm now running the Toshiba Protege 2010, has never let me down in ~3 years. Just over 1kg, and up to 6-8 hrs with the add-on battery pack, it is a road warriors tool. Mine still has the wireless LAN adapter in the PC Card slot, but the newer models have it built in.

Drawback is it's slow to start up, takes even longer than it takes me for a beer.

Compaq V2000. I needed something that was light, wide, good looking, wireless with a long battery life, and this was the only one that fit in the lowest price range. Phone is a cheapo Siemens.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread