Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Talking Golden Link Awards
    Well I better get my Visa, last year I got nominated for Most Vocal Advocate and didn't win, so hopefull this year I'll get my Visa and pick up that nice award.

Thank you everyone who nominated me for Vocal Advocate this year I wouldn't be where I am today with out the support of all the great people at ABW

Now I just need that Visa!!!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Congrats Chris! You and Haiko for that one so far. Anxious to hear who the 3rd person is. Now go get that dang VISA!

Congrats Chris and good luck, you deserve it.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Ring, ring ....

THEM: State department, can I help you?
    ME: Uh yeah ... hi there ... I hear that Sanderson is planning on comming to NY in Late June ...
    THEM: ... What? (yelling in the background) Execute "plan sparrow" immediately! Thanks and God Bless America!
    ME: BYE
    ME: One down, one more to go

LOL, Congrats Chris!

They can't not award it to you this time!

I wonder who #3 is ???? mwhahahaha
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

If you don't win, Chris, all I can say is that they have poop for brains!

You are a shoo-in.

Of course, they still have poop for brains!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Worse case scenariio... we'll all hop a freighter to your house

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    THEM: State department, can I help you?
    ME: Uh yeah ... hi there ... I hear that Sanderson is planning on comming to NY in Late June ...
    THEM: ... What? (yelling in the background) Execute "plan sparrow" immediately! Thanks and God Bless America!
    ME: BYE
    ME: One down, one more to go
    ROFLMAO!

Worse case scenariio... we'll all hop a freighter to your house
    Actually worse case scenario is we drive up to Canada from NY. We just have to make sure to rent a car with a roomy trunk.

Congrats Chris

This is my favorite time of year as we always ouust a parasite filled affiliate when they win awards. Sometimes even two a year

THEM: ... What? (yelling in the background) Execute "plan sparrow" immediately! Thanks and God Bless America!?

.... though it they move at the same speed of the Visa Department then I'll have been and come back before they manage to react

Congrats too Haiko

Winner buys all the beer, and I saw nice caviar place on the Apprentice last night that the winner should splash out on.... unless it's me then it's a Large Fries at McDs

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    Are the Golden Link Awards public somewhere, a link?

The voting was, but that ended a week or so ago. The nominees for the final 3 in each category have not been published yet as far as I am aware.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Winner buys all the beer
    F that ... it's at cip's ... I'll buy ya a few Bellini's - invented there - they are "interesting"

and I saw nice caviar place on the Apprentice last night that the winner should splash out on.... unless it's me then it's a Large Fries at McDs
    You know I'll do ya right Chris ... Caviar it will be
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Are the Golden Link Awards public somewhere, a link?
    http://www.linkshare.com/symposium/gl_overview.html

From Last Year ....

I'm the guy on the left of the fireplace talking to the President of EcomWorks.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I hope the winner of Most Vocal will be vocal about all these recent problems.

I hope the winner of Most Vocal will be vocal about all these recent problems.
    There you go, if my Visa gets rejected I'll be odds on favourite to win

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I check out an ABW private message and was informed Linkshare had me nominated into the Finalists position for the Golden Link " Performance Marketings Most Vocal Advocate" Award. Wow was I floored and honored at the same time. Seems like I'm known to be prone to conspiracy theries, but it looks like the Stars are aligned to have Haiko move into lead position for this coveted Award. Chris is having problems getting Here ...and I'm having problems getting There. Here's a copy of my response to Linkshare's event coordinator.

Hi Janna;

I just saw this private message written on the 5th. This really was an unexpected honor to even get a mention for any category of the Golden Link Awards. To get nominated to the "Most Vocal Advocate Award" at the Linkshare Symposium sure makes my years of being a loud voice in affiliate forums worth while. I really am honored and would love to be able to attend the Award cerimony if I wasn't already committed during this event's time frame.

My Son works for National Geographic as a magazine photographer and He's leaving me the grandkids from the 20th of June to the 28th. He has a South American photo shoot and taking Vacation time in Rio De Jenero during this time. I'm booked into a Bread & Breakfast for Cedar Point Ohio amuzement park for 4 days. Then as chief baby sitter for the 6 and 8 year Grandchildren, I also promised them 2 days at Henry Ford's "Greenfield Village" and then take them back to Rochester NY. My already booked annual summertime vacation road trip gets in the way.

Aside from my Sony Notebook with Hotspot or Hotel ISP connection I'll be socially encumbered and un-available to attend this wonderful event recognizing the worker bees of this industry. Before I disqualify myself by not being in attendance I'd love to throw my support to ABW's owner Haiko, who's also nominated for the Most Vocal Advocate Award. ... LOL. It's the least I could do as I'd never be able to live it down if me and Charlie beat out Haiko in a head to head Award battle as Obstinate Don looked down from Heaven.

I truly thank you and the rest of the Linkshare Team for considering me for this Award. Stephen continues to transform this industry as it leaves behind the WWW ( Wild Wild West) days taking Linkshare, and others, into a more ethical rendition of the value-add marketing promise.

sincerely yours
    Michael Hyland

ps; The NYC police, and employees of the event venue, are relieved they don't have the hassles of controlling the hundred's of Webmaster Mike and Charlie fans yelling, holding balloons and holding vote support signs. I'd feel like Zel Miller (D) showing up on the red carpet for speech giving at last years RNC convention.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Cedar Point huh? You'll be close to my neighborhood, we only live about 90 minutes east of there and Cedar Point is an annual visit for us. The kids will love it.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Chris,

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ain_saw_border

Get the point? ....

Go to Canada and then come down from there ... We'll get you from there to NYC!

TY DR!
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Smile
    Well I'll throw my proxie vote to either Haiko or Chris as long as they show up in a nice black Tuxedo. I'll even make some inroads to see if a limo arrival can be arranged with celib dates for our ABW guys. The most Vocal will be really on their verbal best if accompanied to the podium by either Ann Coulter or Jane Fonda to introduce the winner to the crowd. The buz would be who get matched with which Gal based upon personality and politics. It sure sounds like a gala event for the coming out party for Linkshare's new direction to put real value for all in every click. I'd love to have been there, win or lose, to champion the domain bound affiliate catering to the all powerful consumer seeking a trustworthy merchant.

Chris shouldn't try taking a taxi from Cuba.... it's risky!
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It sure sounds like a gala event for the coming out party for Linkshare's new direction to put real value for all in every click.
    Somehow I think your nomination has wrecked your objectivity!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Somehow I think your nomination has wrecked your objectivity!
    It more likely made me realize there are openings in the network's chain mail armor willing to give some credence to those pushing conversion ratios over mass traffic ploys. My overall thinking is always grounded on what is in the best interest for the consumer as to merchant choice, product selection and value proposition. The long term affiliate should believe he can save the shopper time by referring him/her to a merchant they have faith in to close the deal, after they are targeted, focused and motivated them to click. Moral of this story is ... don't waste the shoppers time just to set a cookie.

Waisting a shoppers time by deceptive SERPs, hyped page content or bothersome BHO popups just makes them suspicious of affiliate links in general. Linkshare knows the bad actors and traffic tricksters have devalued the network tracking cookie in the eyes of the merchant's. Most shoppers are un-aware of the great cookie war. They can't hide that way-to-much of the commission pie is flowing to those adept at cookie washing/stuffing at the expense of those who actually place showcase links to trusted merchants.

I'm not nieve enough to think needed changes were volunteered by any network. These changes were demanded by pressures from the consumers, fed up with online gorilla mass marketers, crying out to politicians, AG's and the media they've had enough of Adwhore abuses. Linkshare expects consolidate payments, we've all advocated for since the original CJ announcement, will spur more on-page showcase links to a wider variety of LS merchants. That message falls on deft ears for those loading cookie cannons, so they chose Vocal Advocates for this Award who have had a consistant pro domain bound affiliate message for years. The Golden Click "Vocal Advocate" Award is special this year, as it does give recognition to the changing landscape of the pay-per-performance industry. I think Haiko, Chris and myself have ruffled enough feathers, demanding needed changes, to squarely fit into a finalist mold for this transition year's Award choices.

They might need some quick alternates, or just honor Haiko and ABW as a voice that refuses to be muzzled, when abuses cry out for action.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread