More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Angry Trying to use Yahoo PPC!
    I am trying to get a Yahoo ppc listing going. I started three days ago, got an email stating 5 of my keyword listings were approved two days ago, but the ads are not running yet.

Don't know what to do. There is no support number or email support that I can find. In fact this is the least supported service I have ever used!

I may just call the one sales number I did find and have them cancel my account and go with adwords. This seems to be a case of them forcing a poor sap like me into paying for their setup service for another large fee - there is no reason this should be so perplexing.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    try 866-Yahoo-SM (866-924-6676)

I do PPC consulting for clients in addition to affiliate marketing. PM me, we can exchange emails, get on the phone and I'll help you for free. Little jumpstart for you. No charge.

And don't pay for their startup service. You're too connected in the industry to fall for that. Call 888-254-2716, ask for Daniel (femine pronunciation), tell her you want the free Fast Track service and that your buddy from ABestWeb referred you.

They will ask you for $30 - but this is not a service charge, it is $30 deposited into your account that will ALL go towards pay-per-click ads once you're running.

The Fast Track service costs $179 usually I think, but tell them you were referred and you want it waived.

They will have their staff analyze your site, write ads for you, put it into a spreadsheet and email it to you for approval (takes 1-2 weeks). You approve it by using their tool to upload it into your account. Because they wrote the ads, it'll go live very shortly after that.

You'll find that Fast Track is a good way to get started. You'll also find that they are not geniuses at knowing which keywords or which ad text is best for your site (that is after all, really best done by you). But once up, you can edit to your own desires. Each change is approved (sometimes automatically, sometimes requiring manual review by Yahoo) - so there can be times when your changed ad or changed keyword phrase takes it offline for a few days.

Free Fast Track sounds like a good way for you to go... and will also free me up from giving you free jumpstart offer... some I'm not being helpful as much as I'm trying to weasel out of my previous offer to help... :-)
    Last edited by Donuts; June 3rd, 2005 at 10:51 AM. Reason: can't spell analyze... might still be wrong...

that was nice of you Donuts..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Thanks a million Donuts!
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

PM me if you need help. We foodstuffs should watch each others backs - people out there trying to munch us... of course donuts and cheese don't really go together, so we're safer if we stick close by each other...

Spend some time early on falling in love with daily budget limit tool... you'll thank me later...

And Overture / Yahoo has a cool tool for suggesting negative keywords - use it - take from it for your other PPCSE campaigns (like Google). Example: Selling "ice machines"... add "cream" as a negative keyword so nobody ever searching for "ice cream machines" sees your ad. The Broad match at Google is wider than the grand canyon - taking negative keywords from the Overture tool, for use in your Google campaign, is my tip o' the day for ya!

Happy selling!

Thanks Donuts! I am going to click around the yahoo site to get a feel for this a little better and call Daniel on Monday. I will probably PM you once I get going.

Thumbs up
    :: Donuts ::

You are way cool to help like that! Hope you are coming to Vegas in June I want to buy you a drink.. (;-)

Family trip to Chicago in June, otherwise, I'd be there.

Future aff of yours - current work list for tasks and site building and client stuff puts this out ~3 months. Chat then.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread