Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp

I have been in favor of the concept of Project Athena from day one knowing what I do about some of the stuff going on out there.

I'm really sorry, but that has got to be silliest PR move I've seen in a long time. Here's a idealistic thought. How about actually having the verification part of Athena actually running before going out and saying it's launched and what a good job it's doing?? Did I miss something and we've moved past just the registration part of the process to the verification part being done? Have all the bugs been worked out?

I just can't for the life of me figure out why LS seems to continue to make a difficult situation worse by the way this whole thing has been handled from a public relations stand point. It frustrates the heck out of me since the concept of Athena is actually a good one and a much needed one.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Winter Park, FL
    I was just coming here to post this internet retailer story! The spin in the article, about the reasons behind Athena, seem to focus on "unmasking successful affiliates who are making a lot of money" versus the "trim fringe players and make sure all are accountable" angle that I anticipated.

So Aarrrggghhhhh from me too.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread