Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Time Saver = RoboForm
    password manager...
    form filling-out-er...
    glowing review and recommendation to follow - but no gain in it for me.

Had heard about RoboForm for years... Downloaded it and have been using the free version for 2 weeks now. It saves me GREAT gobs of time!!!

I feel so stupid for not getting it years ago even though others here at ABestWeb recommended it to me. I should have listened.

Problem: Affiliate daily task efficiency wanted...
    +Manage myriad of login credentials = solved.
    +Filling out forms (directory-listing-to-get-backlinks and exchange-links-with-us-forms) = solved.

Free. Encrypted / safe. Spyware / Adware free. Works. Field tested.

Are you using it? If not, why?

http://www.roboform.com/

http://www.download.com/RoboForm/300...-10378236.html
    (they change links all the time - stupid! - if not found, http://www.download.com/ search for "roboform")

Anyone got anything bad to say about it - cuz I'd like to hear it - I am inherently suspicious of something free that works this well...

Their site says some features are disabled after 30 days - not sure which ones - plan to spend the $29 to buy it - perhaps what/how much functionality gets turned off will suck - anyone know?

PS - their affiliate program appears to be TOTALLY stupid as far as how much they pay - everything else seems glorious.

Are you using it? If not, why?
    password manager...
    No!

Because maybe I am too paranoid about having all my passwords and myriad of login credentials on one form filling-out-er... anywhere, not even on my HD.

I don't even use the pwl file that comes with Windows, I like to use notepad to have all of the daily info I need under my control at any time and for the last three or four years, I have not had any problem finding and using any password, login data, URL's, or any important credentials that I may need at any given moment.

And I still have available in case I would ever need it, all of my first time internet use PW's, even my first webpage url from when I was stuck with Aol last century.

I have read for many years that a lot of people like to use RoboForm, so I guess RoboForm must be good for a lot of people, but I will pass since I don't need it.

Sal.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's only useful if you purchase the full version or need only 10 log-ins. They used to make the free version hold 25 site Usernames/Passwords. If your older version holds more then 10 it will not fill in forms. Nifty program to have and it's not supported by any BHO's.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

The Google toolbar fills in forms, too. Very handy.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Ohhhhh Sal....having such info in a notepad document isn't what I would consider too terribly safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    Ohhhhh Sal....having such info in a notepad document isn't what I would consider too terribly safe.
    It's very safe if you only use it when you need to use it and you know how to code that info in the notepad page and you only use the notepad file that have the coded text that you're going to use at that moment.

If I type my Swiss Bank Account here with all of the PS/ID's/Balance, etc. but, coded in Martian Language, It would be imposible for you to steal my millions.

You just have to think outside of the box on this one.

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Their site says some features are disabled after 30 days - not sure which ones - plan to spend the $29 to buy it - perhaps what/how much functionality gets turned off will suck - anyone know?
    Hey Donuts,

I've been using RoboForm for almost three years now and I've been really happy with it. Like you said the affiliate program sucks (I dropped them after a year), but other than that they're great and they are definitely adware free and spyware free.

Now for the bad news. Once your trial period is up you'll be restricted to 10 passcards and 2 identities, so if you want to keep using it you have to fork out the $29. The good news is that updates are free.

Hope this helps.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    If I type my Swiss Bank Account here with all of the PS/ID's/Balance, etc. but, coded in Martian Language, It would be imposible for you to steal my millions.

A Martain could probably steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    A Martain could probably steal it.
    Holy Shit!

You're right BurgerBoy,

I forgot that this was an open forum and that there are probably a few more Martians lurking around.

I better run now and change all my code to (I am not going to tell you) Language.

ABW Ambassador
    I have an old version 4.6.6. and it works great. Free and no limits of any sort.

Been using Roboform for several years now and would not want to do without it. I never upgraded to the paid version and am still using the free version and it suits my needs. Even the free versions get free updates.

As for their affiliate program, I would think it would depend on what type of site you're promoting it on. We've earned enough change on it in the past couple of years to make it worthwhile for us.

Quote Originally Posted by tmartini
    Now for the bad news. Once your trial period is up you'll be restricted to 10 passcards and 2 identities, so if you want to keep using it you have to fork out the $29.
    Thanks - you did help. I've got way more than 2 identities - have one for each site as I fill out forms - definitely going to need to spend the $29, but do think it'll be worth it.

I was able to easily move the folders where RoboForm keeps the data to my network core data folder (with app running on client PC) - my core folders are backed up often. I like the way the data folders for it, are easily ported to my laptop so I'm off and running with full use there too. My backup routine in the office includes a sync to a backup server at my house - so data folder, as part of backup, gets auto ported to home (updated each day via backup) machines I use. Keeping data backed up and handy and ready to use on several machines without any effort makes it easy for me to jump on the home machine and access everything I need to get to.

Love it.

All you guys have the old free version! Wish I had gotten it way back when... you snooze, you lose... dagnabbit.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread