Buy.com transactions
    It's been three days since the transition but I am yet to see a single sale which is very unusual.
    Anyone has seen any orders yet?

Matt

the data according to CJ:
    Batch Process Transactions: Yes

Last Batch Data Transfer Dates:
    2-Jun-2005

oughtta be something in there by now . . .

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    HI Matt,

Since we just launched on Weds, any sales Weds and Thursday may not have shipped yet. We are on batch processing 1x day to CJ M-F on shipped sales, so as soon as we receive the shipment record, we will include it in our daily batch.

Hope this answers your question. If you have the order # and want me to look into further, please email me at affiliates@buy.com. Otherwise, I am sure you will see it next week when it ships.

Cheers,
    Melissa

Melissa D. Salas
    Buy.com Marketing Manager

Exclamation Any Buy.com sales?
    Anyone seen any buy.com sales since the transition. It's been 5 days and not a single sale.

I just had my first two show up today. It looks like they don't post until probably the day after they ship, so there's a fairly big delay.

Code:
    Event Date			 Posting Date
    31-May-2005 17:44 PDT	 6-Jun-2005 12:27 PDT 
    1-Jun-2005 19:38 PDT	 6-Jun-2005 12:29 PDT
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    That reminds me to pull my Linkshare Buy.com links. I'll wait till Buy.com no longer supports every BHO to come down the pike making every click a session only cookie like Dell and 1800-Flowers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks Mike, I finally see some sales. Unfortunately the numbers are below my daily averages. I am not familiar with CJ reports. Does anyone know how to see which products are sold?

Thanks, Matt.

ABW Ambassador
    CJ is different from LS in that aspect. With LS you can have a simple text link to the home page and if somebody buys something can see what they bought. With CJ you can't. In the past with CJ if you made product links it would show in the reports which product link was clicked on, they took that away with an old upgrade so now you need to add the SID to the products links. So you can add a bunch of SID's to the product links or regular links if the merchant has that option available but that still won't tell you exactly what was sold, it'll tell you just off of what link.

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Dear Affiliates,

I have asked Todd to respond to this thread in regards to individual product reporting because I know they are going to have this feature this year, so I will let Todd fill you in as to when.

In regards to batch reporting.. thank you for your patience as we are now starting to send over batches successfully on a regular basis. Some of our batches were getting rejected due to format issues (Sorry!) but we have corrected the problem and that is why you are starting to see all your sales come in. Plus, since we only report shipped sales, orders received last week are shipping this week.

The great news is that now we are billing twice per day. Once in the morning and once at night, so that means 2 batches daily to CJ M-F!

Thank you again for your patience and your business!

Melissa

Melissa D. Salas
    Buy.com Marketing Manager
    affiliates@buy.com

We will have improved reporting coming out later this year. I do not want to spoil the surprise, so for now you'll all just need to wait and see.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    CJ is different from LS in that aspect. With LS you can have a simple text link to the home page and if somebody buys something can see what they bought. With CJ you can't. In the past with CJ if you made product links it would show in the reports which product link was clicked on, they took that away with an old upgrade so now you need to add the SID to the products links. So you can add a bunch of SID's to the product links or regular links if the merchant has that option available but that still won't tell you exactly what was sold, it'll tell you just off of what link.
    of course, it would be great to know both link and product that composed the sale, but if i were to choose one only, i'd go with the link.

and if you add individual product epc (which cj had before) to the mix, having all three, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    We will have improved reporting coming out later this year. I do not want to spoil the surprise, so for now you'll all just need to wait and see.
    Todd,

I hope you guys are watching the Linkshare forum very closely and learning from their mistakes.

Whatever you do, make sure it's quick, easy to use, and doesn't eliminate old reports.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread