Which affiliate Directories to list with?
    I am a new to affiliate management. I am developing our program now and have found these message boards a big help.

We have decided not to list with CJ/LS at first.

I am looking for opinions on which Affiliate Directories to list our childrens software with. We would be willing to pay for a "one stop shopping" option for placing our program with the appropriate directories.

thank you,

Scott Blackwell

lurk
    It has been my strong opinion to always go with Shareasale.com first. Reason being:

1. Very Very cheap
    2. High amounts of traffic
    3. Pay on time!

I'm sure others will agree.

directory only, not a managed program
    Thanks Jrod. We will look into them.

We are not going to use a full service provider at first. We will be administering the program in-house. I am looking for the best ways to get the word out about our in-house program.

thanks,

Scott

lurk
    You may want to open a thread here. For $50 you can announce your new program.

I would difinitely open a thread here in the "New Program Announcements" board. Even just one, quality affiliate is worth the time, effort and money involved.

Before you do though, make sure you've dotted your Is and crossed your Ts. Professional affiliates will have questions and you'll want to be able to answer them. You'll also want to partcipate in the thread, post updates from time to time, etc. It's a tool, use it wisely.

Also look into including a second tier (pay affiliates a small override on sales generated by affiliates they refer). Just watch that affiliates aren't referring themselves (look at tax IDs and so on). It's not really common, but there are always a few.

Next, pay on time, every time. This is especially critical for newer programs. Nothing inspires more energy from affiliates or buzz on the boards like that first batch of paychecks.

Keep improving the program. A quality program is its own best recruiting tool. Affiliates talk about good programs.

As for directories, I'd suggest the one in my signature. It's still very new, but improvements and additions are ongoing. In my experience, few of the others are worth the effort to fill out the form...

Lastly, contact sites you think would be good affiliates for you. Be selective (targeted vs. broad), be respectful, make a solid offer (know the competition and the market) and approach them like you would any other business, and you can see a lot of success.

There might also be some good advice in the Affiliate Managers only board. Also check the archives of most of the good online marketing boards for threads with the words "recruiting affiliates."

Good luck!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread