Ebay Possibilities!
    I run ebay auctions seperate from my web site (under a different name than my business) in order to make sure no leaks occur. However, most people pay by Pay-pal....I think increased business will occur if I link from my home page to ebay. How do I set up paypal, so affiliates get credit for my ebay auctions (That is if they found my ebay auction from my web site).

Sure there is a thread on this somewhere, if any of you can point the way to me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Richard Lupu
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

Internet Cowboy
    It should be as simple as putting whatever tracking code you have on the final page of your shopping cart on to the paypal confirmation page. I am not sure, but this should work.

That's assuming that everyone goes through the shopping cart and uses PayPal. If someone sends a check or just sends PayPal directly or something else, you'll never know. I'm not sure you can make this work under all circumstances.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Why would anyone fool as a merchant or affiliate with eBay when you can get better results with Overstock auctions. eBay has become a training ground for any wannbee Adwhore with a gorrilla SEO/SEM training course ebook. It's 2005 folks. Anyone here not able to type ebay.com into a web browser? Don't push Branding merchants who hire pros to wash network cookies.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike, I don't think you understood Richard's question.

He's a merchant. He sells items on his site. He also sells items on eBay. He would like to put up links to his auctions on eBay from his site, but wants to make sure that he pays commissions on any auction sales that his affiliates generate.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I stand corrected. There's No way can he get his affiliate referral traffic credit for sales through a third party merchant's cart like eBay. As a merchant he should try to get natural SERPs to eBay offerings or pay for PPCSE traffic and leave the eBay links off his web site. He should sign up as a Overstock Club-O member and list his own inventory, and some of the below wholesale watches from the OS site, on eBay and OS auctions.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks for the Replies and Suggestions!
    No need to create any leaks. Currently I have a shopping cart which accepts credit cards, paypal, and even checks. I can have people pay me through paypal from my shopping cart, if they win an auction. This way the cookie is tracked. Anyways just throwing the idea out there .

As I said, my ebay auctions are seperate from my site anyay and are under a different name....I am happy with the results from each.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,
    Richard Lupu
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread