Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    The Lingering LinkShare Problems Thread
    I just want this to be a thread were people can post any lingering problems they still might be having with LS all in one place. I still see people not receiving their first checks, getting checks with the wrong pay to info. The inability at this time to change that. I remember some posting that they're getting checks sent to their home when they want it to their P.O. Box but can't do anything at this point, etc. Then afterwards either we can help each other out or on the off chance LS might actually jump in and answer. But based on recent events, i'm not holding out any hope for that. So if they don't want to answer, then i can just point merchants to this thread amd maybe then can get some answers.

My biggest problem is i haven't received one check yet. But i heard they're in the mail, so will have to wait on that.

My other problem is a question i had that i don't think ever got answered. LS said that they're going to go ahead and send out checks, even to those with some lingering problems. LS said you need to consolidate all accounts into the main in order to get paid. I said there might be one i have that i don't remember or an email address that is no longer in use, so i couldn't use the automated reminder form they have. LS said then give support as much info as you know and they can try to hunt it down. Problem is support doesn't answer emails so if i can't get paid until everything is consolidated and there is no one at LS to help with that, then i'll never get paid? And hopefully this can stay on topic and maybe the great mods we have here can pitch in

where do i check to see if a check was mailed and when?

Trusty, thanks for starting this, it will be moderated so all, please keep coments on topic and refrain from any horsehockey please.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    -there is no explanation of what is included in the network transactions box on the first page

-there is no way to approve offers from merchants showing as unapproved on the first page...
    there are 2 offers waiting for approval, when I click on the offers analysis tab it lists all of the offers... the two that are unapproved also have the type "Automatic".... there is nothing to click on to approve them... or even view them...

-It takes 5-15 minutes to get a sales and activity report

-you can't click to get a breakdown of daily activity or linktype.... you really can't click on any of the data when you finally get to a report, except the top of the columns to sort them....

-when you do a product success report merchants are all mixed together, no way to tell which products are for which merchants... no way to pull a report for just one merchant....

-current dates are no pre-selected

-new way of posting bonus' messes up all the pretty numbers...
    bonus' from one of my merchants are now shown as 1 item ordered per penny of bonus.... also no way to tell which month these bonus' apply to....

Judith

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    When you actually do get a check (wrong name/wrong address/wrong amount) the part of the check you tear off says:

Below please find a check representing commissions earned from your Linkshare Merchant partners for March 2005 transactions. To confirm which merchants payments are included in this check, please login to your Linkshare interface.
    I need more instructions then that - I login daily and have never found it.

Followed by:

If you have questions about this consolidated payment... please reach out to us at contact-at-linkshare.com. As always... we value your partnership...
    Without going on a rant about the above email address, providing us with someone who actually can and actually will answer a question about the check would be beneficial.

Some from the list that Ron (Even Ron) compiled and my suggestions based on that list:

1) Linkshare needs to set up a "message" box in the affiliate interface to keep affiliates informed of problems, enhancements, etc.

2) Linkshare needs a trouble ticket system so they can ensure that all support inquiries are handled.

3) We need to be able to edit the Payto Name and Address for checks.

4) We need clarification on when the Direct Deposit option will become available. We were told "after we deposited our first check", but I'm not seeing it yet.

5) Verification problems need to be resolved.

6) If something doesn't verify, affiliates need to know what is wrong so they can enter the correct information.

7) We need the old Payment Reports back until the new reports in Synergy Analytics provides all the necessary information.

8) Payment Reports in Synergy Analytics need to show the period that the merchant payment covers, a link to supporting detail, and any adjustments made by the merchant.

9) We need a new Synergy Analytics report to show paid merchant vouchers that haven't been included in a batch yet (basically, what will be on the next consolidated payment assuming we meet the threshold).

10) We need to know what company is providing the verification so we can make sure the information they have about us is accurate.

11) The turnaround time for batch payments needs to be reduced.

12) Linkshare needs to make it clear what countries they work with and if an affiliate is terminated for reasons other than fraud, they should be told what those reasons are.

13) Synergy Analytics needs to work with all modern browsers, including browsers on Macs.

14) Synergy Analytics needs some major streamlining so that it's quicker and easier to use.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

and when you do rec'v a check with wrong name/address/amount - we need instructions on what to do with it.

Send it back for reissue? How long would that take?

Tell them to stop payment and reissue? Again, how long?

We've not been able to get verified yet. I'm assuming it's because our business is a legal partnership company and not an individual.

I looked thru old emails and found an account that was set up for me by a merchant moving to LS but I never used this account. I was able to get the LS system to send me an email with the password (or reset the password, don't remember now). I was able to log in to the account but was immediately faced with the page where it wanted me to agree to the TOS. I tried to do it but when I typed my electronic sig, it keeps telling me that I'm not typing it correctly. It tells me what it should be, shows me what I typed - which is exactly the way it shows it should be - but tells me at the same time that it's not correct. What?

So, can't consolidate an old account because for some reason, it won't recognize what I type on the agreement for the old account.

When the Payment report in SynergyAnalytics was up, it did show that we were getting a check - 5/25 - that covered some old earnings for some merchants where we didn't meet the minimum.

We moved 2 days before the above check was cut to a different state and I can't change our mailing address on LS. Found out too late that we should increase our payout so we wouldn't have a check going to a bad address. So far, we haven't received any forwarded mail from the post office even tho we did put in a change of address with USPS. Will the check show up? I doubt it.

We do have another consolidated account under our main account. When I try to look at the reports for it, the account number has extra numbers at the end and it asks for a password. Nothing I've tried gets me in to see any reports on that consolidated account so I don't know if a check has been mailed out for it or not. I know there are no additional earnings because I removed all Linkshare merchants from our sites back in March. I'd just like to know if a check has been sent on it and floating somewhere out in the world like the one I do know about.

This moderated thread would not even be required if LS had a proper FAQ on their site and could provide a place for support that provided just that, support.

And that is my suggestions. FAQ at LS site, a current list of know problems at LS site, and a working system for contacting support and getting responses (I like what CJ does with Ask A Question).

Also, since everyone that coul dnot get verified got temporarily verified for this period, what happens next month? Will some of us all of a sudden be unverified again? I know my business name and address (as registered) is not on any of the free credit check sources I tried. I'd like LS to clearly tell us the how and when of final verification process and what to do when we encounter problems.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Question and also regarding consolidated checks . . .
    if I remember right, not all merchants are involved in check consolidation. Is there a list of those who are?

It would help me as I see very little due for payment in my account so I must assume that quite a few merchants with whom I've earned something just are not going to pay me in these current checks. (of which I haven't seen anything at all)

Add not being able to download datafeeds to the list.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    New problem.

I can login into my account just fine. Normally i would click the SynergyAnalytics banner to get that thing started. Now it's going to this page and i'm getting:

"Unable to Log In An invalid User Name or Password was entered.

The content you've requested requires that you be logged in to the SynergyAnalytics.

Please enter your User ID and Password below, and then press the Log In button."

And my User ID and Password is correct.

Maybe I've missed this being said somewhere so ignore this if it's already been said.

We used to have the report "Merchant Payment History" where we knew if a merchant has paid or not for a particular month. The old report is no longer being updated.

When we were able to get into SynergyAnalytics, I didn't see anything like this. To me, this is a very important report and needed information so affiliates can decide whether they want to work with merchants that pay late or not.

Which merchants have paid? And thru what month? Which merchants have not paid?

For those that DID get a check - and can't figure out what the dollar figure represents - I just called LS and they emailed me the breakdown.

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    I'd like to be verified...please

You are still not verified???
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Nope! It's great...I'm loving it....joking of course. I don't know what to do...don't get answers to the support mail... so I am just waiting it out..... hopefully they will eventually contact me or verify it or something. Just focusing on working right now.

You could always raise your payment threshold while you are waiting (sorry, sick joke).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

<<<<< STILL WAITING TO BE VERIFIED ALSO!!!
    wHISTLES A TUNE

HAHA....that's an idea...than it's like I am not waiting ... I'm just trying to make the payout threshold! In Liinkshare's defense I believe they will pay the unverified while they continue to try. Hopefully I don't get a ... we tried but your out... i would die. I think every thing will be ok though....i'll find a way...always do.

I've already got 2 checks (amazing) but the amount is still about 50% of what should be owed (not so amazing). This morning I went to the place where I found who was included in the payments and now I can't find that report anymore (gee what a surprize!). Anyone have any idea how long before all these merchants that are supposed to be involved in the consolidated payments are going to pay?
    There seems to be one thing that you can count on with LinkShare - You CAN NOT do any business planning if you are using LinkShare!

Quote Originally Posted by ronwls
    There seems to be one thing that you can count on with LinkShare - You CAN NOT do any business planning if you are using LinkShare!
    You are 1000% right

Got one check few days ago : amount 6.00$.
    Funny. I must pay my bank 15.00$ fee for this check.
    So, I decided put this check on the wall

In some report that I was able to access last week it said a check was mailed for about 80% of what was owed...This week I can't find that report anywhere asd still no check in my box...

I am sitting this out but I am also concerned that things are so F'ed that I will never see my money since I don't have screen shots of anything...
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Hello,

A problem partially solved. The affiliate payment report is back in synergy analytics. It even was updated in my case to reflect payments for the check I just collect. But the the report only shows the merchant, not the payment date. . Getting closer though.

Regards,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast