How to tell if someone is stealing your clicks
    Hi,

Newbie here...

Is it possible that someone could be stealing my clicks? If so, how can I find out? The past few weeks my stats have completely out of whack! My clickthroughs have gone crazy while my impressions have dropped and I have only had 1 sale in 3 weeks while I would normally have about 20.

For example, normally I would have about 5,000 impressions a day and have around 30 + clickthroughs.... Now my impressions are 2,500 and my clickthroughs are 85. At one point I had 500 impressions and 45 clickthroughs!

My 7 day stats have dropped from $20+ down to 7 cents!

so many factors to consider . . .

like, the age of the site(s)

how the search engines are treating your sites (PR)(pages actually indexed as opposed to just listed)

and the list just starts there

It just seems weird that my impressions would go down (which is understandable due to the factors you listed) but my clickrates have gone through the roof to an almost unreal level I've never seen in my sites before. I could have 500 impressions and 85 clicks! I would normally have 5-7 with that many impressions.

Can someone answer me though if its possible to find out where or if any stealing of my links may be coming from?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sounds like the mad robot is hitting your sites.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It sounds like a combination of things to me. The lower impressions and lower sales is probably due to a seasonal slowdown and/or search engine placement changes. The higher clicks is probably due to spiders or bots, as Leader said. In reality, your true clicks are probably down just like your impressions and sales.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    It is a robot issue.
    I have a merchant who I usually get 15-25 clicks per day to. One day last week I got 500 clicks to them before noon with no sales. It was a robot that did it.
    Check your logs, you will find the answers there.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread