Content Question
    If i am selling Amazon products, can i use the reviews that are on the amazon website (given that i document accordigly, and show that the review was from amazon, and not me)?

Quote Originally Posted by anks106
    If i am selling Amazon products, can i use the reviews that are on the amazon website (given that i document accordigly, and show that the review was from amazon, and not me)?
    I believe this is covered in their TOS, though I can't remember if there is a limitation on how many you use.

I think this is the part of the TOS you're looking for:
    Further, you acknowledge and agree that you will: (a) not, in connection with this Agreement, display or reference on your site, any trademark or logo of any third party seller on the Amazon.com Site; (b) use any data, images, text, or other information obtained by you from us or the Amazon.com Site in connection with this Agreement ("Content") only in a lawful manner and only in accordance with the terms of this Agreement; (c) not use any Content relating to any Excluded Merchant or any product sold by any Excluded Merchant; (d) not modify or alter any Content that consists of a graphic image, other than to resize it; (e) not edit any Content that consists of text, other than to shorten its length; (f) not sell, redistribute, sublicense or transfer any Content; (g) not use any Content in a manner intended to send sales to any site other than the Amazon.com Site; and (h) promptly delete any Content that is no longer displayed on the Amazon.com Site or that we notify you is no longer available for your use.
    http://associates.amazon.com/gp/asso...382800-3275201

umm.. i dont want to modify it.. i just want to know if i am allowed to include it. I read through, and couldnt figure it out, so i sent an email. If anyone has any input on the matter, or on anything elese related, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Well, I've seen sites using datafeeds that create individual pages for Amazon products, and include everything from the images, to the Amazon Product Descriptions, to the Amazon Reviews, to the reviews posted by Amazon Members with the stars next to them. So, I'm guessing as long as you're linking to Amazon and giving credit where credit is due, they aren't going to have a problem with it.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread