Too much traffic, too little traffic
    In the last month I've been removed from two programs.

One, I was sending too little traffic. They were a fairly new program. They gave me plenty of time to generate traffic. They gave me two warnings. The first was weird and rude. The last was fairly friendly. I am not complaining--well, I guess I am--but the truth is the test links I put up did not justify putting up more links. Also their first threat about the links came way too early and had a tone that I really didn't like at the time. Other people say they convert good with them so I guess they just didn't work on my test pages. Regardless, I don't mind so much that they dropped me. It was justified.

An older program I was trying to turn around, I created a new site, put a good many product links up. I don't have a datafeed with cj so I did it the hard way. A few hours of work. An evil bot hit those links, that with poor sales, drove my epc down to .80. I went from 4 to 2 to .80.

I should have known better than to waste time with this program because I know in the past I had sales that did not track. I've been a customer of them so I let things slide. I was dumb. Needless to say I will never be a customer of theirs again.

Anyway, point is with two programs treating me the way they did for opposite reasons, I pretty much throw up my hands in disgust.

Even though the new program was justified in dropping me I am glad I didn't put a bunch of links for them. I would have been wasting my time. That first threat pretty much made that apparent.

Anyways, I just feeling disgusted and whatever..............

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think the first program was justified in dropping you from what you posted.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by onthepond
    In the last month I've been removed from two programs.

One, I was sending too little traffic. They were a fairly new program. They gave me plenty of time to generate traffic. They gave me two warnings. The first was weird and rude. The last was fairly friendly. I am not complaining--well, I guess I am--but the truth is the test links I put up did not justify putting up more links. Also their first threat about the links came way too early and had a tone that I really didn't like at the time. Other people say they convert good with them so I guess they just didn't work on my test pages. Regardless, I don't mind so much that they dropped me. It was justified.

- - -

Even though the new program was justified in dropping me I am glad I didn't put a bunch of links for them. I would have been wasting my time. That first threat pretty much made that apparent.
    I agree with TrustNo1. It can take a lot of time to build up traffic and sales.

How much time did they give you? What does this merchant sell?

Best,
    RadarCat, WebMaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

I don't think they were justified in dropping you either. That is what is wrong with having these EPC ratings.

I think that the problem isn't so much the merchants as it is the EPC ratings and how it is putting some merchants and affs in a box that is hard to climb out of. Course cj doesn't say any of us have to pay attention to those ratings but naturally we do.

I have one merchant that the last I looked at has dropped to no bars and has an epc like .30 I think. I would guess many affs would drop them but I can't bring myself to do it. I don't promote them on new pages but I haven't taken down the old pages. I am not sure why they keep paying to stay in cj.

I am not going to name or give hints to either program. In the program I didn't send enough traffic, I think she is making mistakes but I don't blame her and I don't want to say anything that will hurt her. I don't want to say anything that will hurt either one of them.

When I look at the program that has sunk so low in the ratings I can kind of understand why the AM's do like they do. It doesn't stop me from getting disgusted and depressed but I can kind of understand.

Anyways I've got two programs that did convert okay at cj. Yeah, just two at this point, and I've got to figure out how to put together a good ppc campaign for them to see if I can make some money. I started to say to get my epc back up but that is not the point. The point is to make money. Still, I do hope cj will do more to stop bots and malicious competitors from driving the epc down because our dropping ratings do cost us programs and do cost us money. If they don't deal with the problem, I am just going to turn all my attention to independent programs and amazon and forget cj.

Just thought I'd add. Is there anyway that cj could change epc to epv (earnings per visitor?)

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread