My situation and Where do I start??
    Hello,

I just ran acrossed this board and I think its great!! Please let me tell you a little about my background first. My father and I co-own a technology company so I have a pretty good background in IT. Affiliate programs have ALWAYS entrigued me but i always though "I can't make any money at it". but after reading some of your posts I see that you are making some money from it. I currently run 3 companies. I have a pizzeria, the technology company, and a scuba business. I currently have a website that I gross about $2,000 a month on sales. These is a very active income meaning that I have to do ALOT of manual work packing boxes, etc shipping the order and all that happy stuff. to promote my site I have done the google adwords programs, overtures programs and a few others. As I said earlier I am interested in affiliate programs. Not to promote my site, but to actually make money from different affiliates. Where do I get started? I'm familiar with clickbank, cj, etc. How are you guys doing it? are you using websites that you were already successful with that already have a high amount of traffic? are you creating websites just for affiliate programs? What would you suggest I do to get started? I'm one of these guys that spends over 5 hours a day on my laptop... I'm just not doing the right things to make money on it. How can I maximize my time with affiliate programs so that I can start making a small income from it... Please help. i have struggled with this for years.

thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike welcome to ABW.

About the websites - I had a couple of content sites that I added affiliate links to and I also make sites for niche interest areas. So I do both.

With your interest in scuba - seems like you could do a lot with some of the travel programs here on ABW (best places to scuba, etc), maybe some underwater posters with Art.com, books on scuba with Amazon, scuba equipment (not sure on that but there may be some kind of aff program for it)

Good Luck!
    Ebudae

Do you deliver pizza? I would have a card with your website on it on every pizza box. What city are you in? Maybe you can have a card with my website on every pizza box

Mike,

Welcome to ABW!

So let me get it right: you want to earn money as an affiliate, joining other merchants' affiliate programs and promoting their products on your website(s)? If so, you've come to the right place. You don't have to "struggle with this" for a day more. Read posts of other affiliates and learn... You've come to the right place to learn all this stuff!

Good luck learning, Mike!

Geno

PS: If you have any specific questions, just ask and we'll be happy to help you.

An easy way to get started is to seek out affiliate programs that offer templates. Also, I have learned to avoid anything with cookies that last less than 30 days or have less than 25% payout

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread