ABW Ambassador
    keyword ranking check listed on #4 in yahoo but direct search shows nothing
    When I do a search engine position check my site shows up listed in #4 in yahoo, but when I do a direct search there is another site listed on that position. In this site my site is listed as a "Top urban wear wholesale site".
    How can it be that a site in which my site is listed shows up on my SE position?

roland

Trying to figure it out, but cannot do much without a keyword... What keyword would this be?

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    It's my strong suspicion, after watching for a while, that not everyone gets the same results from Yahoo search across the board. Among other things, there are differences in geographic locations, not only by our our IP when searching, but by the physical location of the site's hosting and the IP/location of the site's tool that's being used to fetch the results.

It isn't someone else occupying the spot in the Yahoo SERPs for the keyword it's reported by the rank checking tool that your page is in, it's a different result being seen when checking. That's my take on it, and I wouldn't totally discount cookies either.

Yahoo! search for collectible russian dolls

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=col...i=UTF-8&save=0

And Yahoo! Canada - web, not just Canada only search

http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?vc...&tab=&ei=UTF-8

yeah I think the search engines have been doing that for a while now....... dynamically ranking 'up' sites that are in your geographical location.

Meanwhile, since this is a thread on keywords and rankings, I'm trying hard here to conceal my excitement! Over the last 3 days one of my sites has had an increase of 4,000 visitors/ day coming from yahoo and I just found out why! Somehow it's up at #2 (from #17) on my most 'searched' keyword. Absolutely great! If this holds up, this will be my best month ever (by about 3 fold..... that's a 9k month. Am I dreaming!?!?)

I hope you achieve it Rogi!

Its fun when it happens...not that it's happened to me on that scale....
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Hey thanks Suzi... I hope it keeps at it... the last three days have brought in almost $600 More commission than what I consider normal/average. I hope it lasts, that'll give me a chance to put more money into ppc and start living off AM full time. The thing I love about this forum is that when you do something you're happy about, in the real world it's hard to share your excitement (nobody understands AM), but here... everyone understands how hard it is and how good it feels when it works and pays off.
    Now I just need to get my women's shopping site on track and earning all this too.

ABW Ambassador
    Crazy: at this moment I was reading these statement I did a search for the keyword and found my site as #1 again.

Roland

ABW Ambassador
    Very sweet Rogi, congrats!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread