Problems Downloading Datafeeds-Again
    Anyone else having trouble downloading their LS datafeeds? I keep getting "Connection closed by remote host". I'm using a batch file I created that's been working for months now and has not been edited so it "shouldn't" be my batch file or how I'm downloading since this worked fine for months now.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I have been having the same problem (or variations of it) for 2 weeks - I increased my cron jobs to 4 tries/day and I do get some data each time - enough to finally do an update. In addition to the same error you are seeing - I sometimes (randomly) get a 108 byte file in place of a data file - this file is an error message that says I am trying to simultaneously download multiple files - When I return to town, I'm going to split my batch file into several smaller files running at different times - Charles

I haven't been able to get mine for a week and I don't use scripts or cron jobs to grab them.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

When my batch file wasn't working, I tried to manually download a file and get the error. It's a waste of time trying to ask LS for help since they all say is the same canned reply about getting the feeds.

Another linkshare domino falls...

What next? What other tool, proccess or information is LS going to remove or not implement properly that will keep us from making money?

All this and the boss is going out of town for two weeks. Oh, My!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    UNNNbelieveable

"All this and the boss is going out of town for two weeks." It's been working on and off for months now, I doubt "the boss" going out of town will make any difference one way or the other. It's not the boss I emailed in the past and who merely replied with instructions on how to download the files. The content of the emails were ignored as any child could read the words and see where it says "this process has been working fine and hasn't changed on my end". Instead of thinking for a moment "hmm, maybe something is wrong with our system" they just assumed we're idiots and proceed to give us the original instructions.

I haven't noticed any problems, but my scripts check for new datafeeds twice an hour and downloads anything new it finds. If I had an error, it would try again a half hour later and I'd never know any different.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Timing out ...
    I've also been getting timeouts from linkshare. It takes about 6 hours to get about 32 megs into a file, and then times out. I haven't been able to download the full feeds for more than a week.

hrmmm we seem to be having what sounds to be the same problem as the other people have mentioned in this thread. I have emailed Linkshare, hopefully they will let me know if there is a possible issue. I'm thinking there must be of some sort. Why would various people be experiencing the same sort of general problem?

Linkshare problem - J&R
    I've narrowed it down to the J&R feed; which for me is 1145_1454454_mp.txt.gz (.lmp)

I don't know if it's the same for everyone.

That file takes about 5 hours to trickle down, and then times out eventually. All the other feeds appear to be functioning. Slowly, but functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscrm
    hrmmm we seem to be having what sounds to be the same problem as the other people have mentioned in this thread. I have emailed Linkshare, hopefully they will let me know if there is a possible issue. I'm thinking there must be of some sort. Why would various people be experiencing the same sort of general problem?
    Well I hope you have more luck than I have with that question. I just get some canned response on "how" to download the feeds, even after I explain to them that I "have" been downloading it without problems then suddenly there's a problem and I didn't change anything I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by pd11
    I've narrowed it down to the J&R feed; which for me is 1145_1454454_mp.txt.gz (.lmp)

I don't know if it's the same for everyone.

That file takes about 5 hours to trickle down, and then times out eventually. All the other feeds appear to be functioning. Slowly, but functioning.
    Mine doesn't time out, the screen pops up for a second then closes. When I tried to download manually it just says connection closed when the file download starts.

ERROR: multiple Merchandiser files requested simultaneously. Only one file can be downloaded at a time.

So this time I noticed right away, and tried to get the file again and got this message, inside a gzip'd file.

These guys are really losers.

Looks like mentioning this thread go through to them..

Hello,

You’ve recently reported technical difficulties in accessing your data feeds from your Merchandiser FTP account. The back end issues that were affecting the server have been reported corrected by our tech team. You should be able to access your feeds without issue.

Please let me know if you are still having issues accessing your feeds. Include your LinkShare username or SID in the email so I can locate your account. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Affiliate Support
    LinkShare Corporation
    888-SHARE-89 ext 700
    646-602-0160 fax

Is it working for you? It's still not working for me so I sent another email to LS.

Ls
    I was able to get the files in three tries today. The first time I got one big file and two little ones, and then it timed out.

The second time I just tried to get the remainders and got 1 of them, then a time out.

The last one seemed to go pretty fast, so they may have fixed something.

Paul

Well, I'm still getting the same old error as before 'Connection closed by remote host' after I login and when I try to download a file.

working better here but still not 100%

It takes a few tries sometimes to get all of the data.

Still nothing here. I'm about to the point of sending emails to my datafeed merchants and tell them I can't update their products because LS won't even look at this, much less bother to fix it.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread