Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Yet Another Problem
    I can sign into my account just fine. Normally i would click the SynergyAnalytics banner and it would start. Now I get this:

Unable to Log In An invalid User Name or Password was entered.

The content you've requested requires that you be logged in to the SynergyAnalytics™.

Please enter your User ID and Password below, and then press the Log In button.

It's not a problem, it's a feature!
    https://analytics1.linksynergy.com/S...rd=XXX&Lang=en

I think it's cool how the password is passed in the URL string

Linkshare trying to integrate a 3rd party reporting system trying to catchup to CJ is beyond pathetic.

Did they just change something? Fot the last week, this has been coming up every login attempt:

You have been logged out for security reasons. To log back in again, please enter your Username and Password above.

If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or higher, please be sure that your Security and Privacy settings are not blocking LinkShare's authentication cookies.

You can check your settings in the Tools menu under "Internet Options". Security and Privacy should be set to Medium or lower, and you should verify that cookies from linksynergy.com are not specifically blocked.

Never happened before and there are no problems with any other sites.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Linkshare trying to integrate a 3rd party reporting system trying to catchup to CJ is beyond pathetic.
    Well lets not get carried away, the present LS reporting is way beyond what CJ have in terms of the depth of data. CJ is little more intuitive to use (report links plugged in on various pages for easy access for example) , but lacks depth.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Hello,

I am not sure I agree that the linkshare reports offer greater depth of data. They do provide detailed individual product information that CJ does not have. However for my CJ's SID feature plus the manner in which you can cross index multiple websites and advertisers provides feedback that is more useful to me in determing link productivity than LS offers.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Please enter your User ID and Password below, and then press the Log In button.
    I'm getting the same thing. Earlier I was able to 'view the problem' and it said something about 'read the thread' but I haven't been able to duplicate what I did to get that -- not that I understood what it meant -- but I was going to see if anyone else read it and understood what it means.

My sign in information was different too.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Ditto here....gotta love it!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Off Topic: IMHO, neither CJ's reports nor Linkshare's reports (new or old) come close to the usefulness, speed, simplicity, and flexiblity of AffTrack's reports. The defaults are perfect. The reports show details that are practical and useful for affiliates. The periods and options can be quickly changed. The interface is intuitive. Graphs are quick and relevant. Downloading is a breeze.

On Topic: It looks like Synergy Analytics is down, as is usually the case over the weekend. From past experience, Linkshare will probably figure this out later today and it'll be back up by late afternoon.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Some problem here too.

ABW Ambassador
    In all fairness to LS, they're the only network that tells me (when it's working) what percentage of merchants rejected my application to that program. Only with that very, very useful info can i make the jump to Super Affiliate status. I've been rejected by 1.39% of merchants. Only LinkShare and SynergyAnalytics give be such depth of reporting. And it's also very convenient. I can start the report, go eat something or take a shower and by the time i get back it's almost done loading.

Damn you, Trust, I just spit coffee all over my keyboard! :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Me too!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

In all fairness to LS, they're the only network that tells me (when it's working) what percentage of merchants rejected my application to that program. Only with that very, very useful info can i make the jump to Super Affiliate status. I've been rejected by 1.39% of merchants. Only LinkShare and SynergyAnalytics give be such depth of reporting. And it's also very convenient. I can start the report, go eat something or take a shower and by the time i get back it's almost done loading.

You're 100 % right LS Synergy Analytics has so many useless reports. If they would just cut it down to the basics it might even become faster, or less slow I might say. On the other hand the basic reporting under "run reports" with LS is simple and easier to figure out than CJ e.g. sales, individual item reports etc. With CJ I find it very hard to extract the simplest thing like the breakdown of my payment especially when it comes to payments that were extended and other previously extended payments that just got confirmed.

ABW Ambassador
    I had to sign on just to respond to this. I am hysterical. LOL

I can no longer log into this amazing, innovative, lightning fast, highly intuitive piece of software either. I think that just about does it for us.

Even though we run our own affiliate program these days we still have a couple of sites that make pretty good money primarly through affiliate commissions. At this point about 90% of that affiliate income comes from one merchant at LS and I have found and been accepted by a merchant that should be able to replace that income so... goodbye linkshare. You will be history for us by the end of the day.

It's sad but at this point LS and SynergyAnalytics is just about completely unusable.

Dave

Depth of reporting? Like I said, pathetic integration of a 3rd party system that will never work. Instead of having the popup window with the squares turning colors, there are circles going round and round and round. Linkshare is loading it onto either a hopelessly overloaded or unoptimized server and its up to the user to pray that the report will be finished sooner or later. I hope Merchants are waiting as long as we are for reports.

By the way, I think it's bizarre to be passing the login name and password via the url string but hey, this is Linkshare Security for you. Hopefully everyone's credit check won't be exposed one day. Not that they would tell us, of course.

It's noon in New York. I think they finally figured out that it was down. It's back up.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yes, it is back up, but where did the report go where we check to see what our check payments were for? I think they removed it.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Yeah, it's been gone since Friday.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Just wonderful! So, we get our checks and have no way to verify what was in them.

What burns me most is the way we are all ignored by Mr. Messer and LinkShare. If they are going to take a report down, they should tell us.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I noticed the "affiliate payment" link or whatever it was called had gone missing. Silly Analytics is sort of like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

ABW Ambassador
    "Yeah, it's been gone since Friday."

Friday - June 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
    "I am very happy to do a moderated chat, however I have to ask if we can do it right after the symposium. I am out of the country next week"

He packed it up and took it with him

He may have taken it with him, but not before he logged on here last night and looked around. He knows full well what has been said since Friday and in his usual fashion is ignoring folks again.

Just simply unbelievable. If he can't put a dedicated person here to respond to us, then if he is going to do it he should it right.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well since a check did come I added some links to Toolking and will signup for Driveworks. Jeeze at one point I had 384 LS active merchants after Trustno1 pointed out that nifty historical feature.

If Mr. Messer wants to make a big splash in the network industry just one stat was all that was needed to the old report format..... put the average networkwide conversion ratio next to each joined merchant. As the cookie stuffers and BHO bad actors get culled from the LS herd that figure can only improve.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

15 years and counting
    Mike - As the cookie stuffers and BHO bad actors get culled from the LS herd that figure can only improve.
    Up to now nothing was done, bad actors, cookie stuffers, BHOs are still there.
    smesser Update 6/3 - Since we made the decision to let unverified players in you will still see some potentially bad actors getting in, however we are going to provide you with a view of who is and who is not verified at the payment stage so you can make a better call on who to pay and who to invesitgate further. Also as the verificaiton is still only US based we will have some players who might try to get in through a foriegn means. I would suggest using our country filter to limit that risk.
    Last edited by Zeus; June 6th, 2005 at 04:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast