CJ tracking
    Am I the only one who think there is some tracking issue at CJ ?

For the pass few days, I have sent quite a bit of clicks but no a single sale.

This has never happened before.

ABW Ambassador
    How many clicks? I had a good sales day today.

About 30-40 clicks per day. It is not alot but I would normally get one or two sales a day. Even the merchants that are converting well are not. hmm.. strange.

ABW Ambassador
    Not enough clicks. Hold tight, you'll probably get something in the next few days.

ABW Ambassador
    vaisg - Don't panic yet! My clicks were about the same as usual but sales were slow this weekend. Lots of browsing but not many purchases. Luckly the few I had were good commissions. It was this way on other networks this weekend too. Hang in there, hopefully things will be better during the week.

Im getting a little frusterated aswell, im getting constant clicks, at a huge rate... yet i have not made a single sale for days.. its really annoying and depressing... why can this be

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by wtb77
    Im getting a little frusterated aswell, im getting constant clicks, at a huge rate... yet i have not made a single sale for days.. its really annoying and depressing... why can this be
    apparently certain robots have been clicking on us lately, and in a fashion that gets recorded.

ABW Ambassador
    I must never get those robots. I've only seen inflated clicks once with an indy, never at a network. I think wtb77 might be having the same problem as vaisg.

The robots can definitely be an issue. But they usually create big clicks. I've had as many as 10,000 in a day from a robot across 4-5 product lines.

There have been a few threads recenly about this. One robot comes from an ISP in California (Hurricane Electric) and some times leaves the name OmniExplorer_bot in the log. Search for that bot at google or yahoo and you'll see it's been talked about in the webmaster world too.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

I too have the same problem. i can see good number of hits, but I don't see even a single sale. To confirm I asked my friedn to make one purchase in bestbuy, but even that is not coming in CJ reports.

Donno whats wrong

Thanks

Its pathetic, i cant believe this, cj tracking seems to be oscillating from good to bad.

May i ask why these robots are mass clicking?

15 years and counting
    I'm getting more than 10 times the number of clicks I should have recorded at this time of the day. CJ, you need to look at this problem. My own stats are OK, that's on your side.
    My sales are still the same, tracking is fine but my clicks are artificially inflated, and it's not a Zappos pb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I'm getting more than 10 times the number of clicks I should have recorded at this time of the day. CJ, you need to look at this problem. My own stats are OK, that's on your side.
    My sales are still the same, tracking is fine but my clicks are artificially inflated, and it's not a Zappos pb.
    I'll bet it's a bot. I'd look at your web log to see if there is evidence of something called the OmniExplorer_bot, or an IP address that is from Hurricane Electric in California on a whois lookup.

I've had instances of 10 times my normal clicks on a couple of occassions in the past 6 weeks from that bot. It comes from a variety of IP addresses but they all go back to Hurricane Electric.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

15 years and counting
    You're right, all these bots are leading to Hurricane Electric. I've this problem with a few websites all located on the same server. All the others are fine.
    CJ should block their IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    You're right, all these bots are leading to Hurricane Electric. I've this problem with a few websites all located on the same server. All the others are fine.
    CJ should block their IPs.
    This same subject came up in the Zappos 7-day epc thread below.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=59026

It's becoming an increasingly important issue because of its distortive impact on merchant and affiliate EPC.
    Dennis Duffy

15 years and counting
    Thanks Dennis. Later in the day, it would have been harder to detect the problem without checking my logs. I'm sure many affiliates are going to complain about CJ tracking and low sales. I just read a few forums about OmniExplorer_bot. If these spammers expect to get my business, they are wrong.

I don't think the issue gets raised enough. I've heard from some affiliates who've had extremely high, out of the ordinary clicks but haven't or couldn't check into it (some didn't have access to logs -- they were on a free web hosting plan).

I think we have to make sure that the issue stays top of mind so that CJ does something about it.
    Dennis Duffy

In April the best month ever at CJ.

By mid May until now.. I am getting pennies a day with the same or more traffic. I usually get hundreds of leads and some sales per week.

I think there is a problem still brewing.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread