SIT file???
    I have a merchant that sends a feed that is a zip file but Winzip won't open it. It says it is a "SIT file". How do I open this file?

I think you all know which merchant I mean. Funny, I could open it before I changed computers. Now I am lost!

Help! What do I do to open it? It automatically downloads to my desk top.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

SIT is a Macintosh StuffIt format. Many ZIP programs should be able to handle it. What platform are you trying to unzip it on? Windows?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Well why would a merchant send me a Mac format?

Here is what it does. It puts a file on my desktop when I download it from the merchant e-mail and I can't find the file anywhere else. I want to open it in an excel spreadsheet but excel won't open it. What am I supposed to do with this? Any clue? The file is from Backcountry. Anyone use them? Seems I made a txt file before but now, that doesn't work, either.

Thanks for the info.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Here's a link to their free Expander for Windows:

http://www.stuffit.com/win/expander/index.html

Why? Probably because they use a Mac.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OK, thanks. I don't know. This is too much of a pain it the butt if I have to download special programs, learn to use them and all. There must be some other rhyme or reason to this. It just doesn't make any sense that a merchant would send it out this way.

I will see what they have to say and maybe see if your program works if I decide to use them any more. This is rediculous if afffiliates have to jump through all these hoops to use their feed which they send almost every week! Surely their stuff doesn't go out of date THAT OFTEN

OK, problem solved! The answer is that I am, now using Firefox and it truncates the file name at the underscore such that "Name_Something.zip" became simply "Name". Once renamed back to the original file name, it works in excel. That is why it worked on my other computer and not on this one. I changed browsers.

I didn't figure this out. I had to call PSanf who had it running as soon as he walked in the door.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread