Thanks for The Heads Up - Not
    I just received 2 emails from Performics. One stating I am being dropped from Spiegel and another stating I am being dropped from Newport News.

I don't have so much of a problem with being dropped for performance because I haven't really sent much traffic to either one of them including before I was beat up by the SE's. The problem I have is that the effective date starts June 6, 05 which obviously is today, the day I received the email. They state they will pay me for any sales before the June 6th date that I have made. I have been completely overhauling most of my sites and had given Newport News several top spots on pages which I now have to go through and find and remove. Anyways, thanks for the advanced notice, not!!! Jeeze, doesn't Performics have some kind of time period like a week or so? What a bunch of BS OK, I'm done

Thumbs down
    Welcome to the club. The site where I had (note HAD) their links has been getting maybe a dozen clicks a day versus several hundred a year ago. They won't be asked when the site gets busy again as there are plenty of merchants with similar lines still on the site.

Join the club. Spiegel has always been a dog for me, but NN was as recently as last December doing ok for me.

How does one spell Turds? or is it Terds? Either way, you get the picture. This is someone's way of pushing a button to help solve their problems.

Fred

I made it a point to make sure all the links are gone now. Err at least I think they are. I don't want to send them one free visitor just because of the lack of warning they gave. I hope I get the traffic back that I use to have just tso I can push my visitors to the comp. I'm with you Herb, they won't be seeing spots on my sites in the future

Lol Fred, Turds is being nice isn't it

They were gone from my site long before they terminated me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    I never got into the Spiegel program, Newport News has always converted great and so far so good, no termination letter.

I got this termination letter. So far this month I have sent them $367.84. WTF. No emails asking how to improve sales, now initial notice. Just immediate termination.

---

Thank you for partnering with Newport News. We have been working together to optimize Newport News's affiliate program, to be sure it is effective, profitable and most importantly, performing.

Newport News recently evaluated all affiliate relationships and decided to focus distribution on top performing affiliates in terms of sales volume. Unfortunately, due to lack of a lack of activity and low volume over the last several months your affiliate relationship with Newport News will be discontinued effective June 6th 2005. You will be compensated for any sales driven before this date.

We appreciate your interest in Newport News and apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, contact us at NewportNewsAffiliates@performics.com.

Sincerely,
    Newport News Affiliate Services Team

AM sounds clueless or maybe a new one trying to show off how to improve EPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    AM sounds clueless or maybe a new one trying to show off how to improve EPC.
    Sounds like the most logical answer to me especially seeing yannimac's post about sending them over 350.00 in sales a week. I wonder if the Birthdayexpress AM took over the program It sounds like the same thing that they did awhile back.

In my case the biggest problem I have is the lack of notice. Negative 1 days notice. I wasn't sending any traffic to either due to being beat up by the SE's. I would be steaming if I was sending them sales and received the emails

by the way i replied to them basically saying WTF and got a canned response saying that the message would be passed to the right person and my site would get re-reviewed. needless to say, i replied the hell with that.

oh and still no response to the last email i sent yesterday!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread