AllPosters.com is against ParasiteWare(tm) and we have added a section to our affiliates agreement that prohibits any use of all existing or future parasiteware products and services by our affiliates. We closely monitor our affiliates program and immediately terminate any affiliate that uses parasiteware software/service from the AllPosters.com Affiliates Program.

We value our affiliates as business partners and will not allow hijacking of their commission by parasiteware.

~AllPosters.com Affiliates Team
    affiliates@allposters.com

~AllPosters.com Affiliates Program

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    That's all well and good, allposters.

But just now, I received a SPAM from allposters.com to an email address they farmed off a website that has NOTHING to do with affiliate marketing and IS NOT ON A SUBJECT THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH POSTERS.

So you can just pass this message on to Jitka Mansfeldova for me...

YOU SUCK AND I DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH SPAMMERS.

I hope you get your entire IP blocked NAILED by the spam police, you idiot.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Ouch, a little on the harsh side.

Allposters is a great site, I really think the site is perfect for add on products to niche sites. Posters dealing with almost any topic you could want.

My first sales came from allposters, and I encourage affiliates to take a look at their program! A top notch company!

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Ouch Drewbert/Now that you have made all posters feel so welcome ..... biting tongue not gonna finish my comments about that one.

Welcome allposters. Glad to hear your commitment against parasites. I get the odd small cheque from your program
    Stick around help us make more. I need to know some insite on driving the sales from click through ratio a bit better

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

Welcome allposters glad to see your stance against parasites.
    Does this mean your conversion rates will go up? because at the moment they are very poor (for me) this months stats to date taken from your site:
    Total sales 3
    Total commission $9.39
    Total Click throughs 2833

either I am doing something seriously wrong or ???
    Please tell me.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gordon:
    Welcome allposters glad to see your stance against parasites.
    Does this mean your conversion rates will go up? because at the moment they are very poor (for me) this months stats to date taken from your site:
    Total sales 3
    Total commission $9.39
    Total Click throughs 2833

either I am doing something seriously wrong or ???
    Please tell me.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    http://youtrek.com

Gordon
    My stats for the last six months (I don't promote them heavily)

Clickthroughs: 4466
    Sales: 3
    Commission: $19.46

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

@ perfectG
    some of the guys here make good money but I think the conversion rates are really bad in my case anyway. I would love to know what other peoples conversion rates are.

Over the last 6 months or from when I started
    click throughs 5994
    sales 4
    commission $15.15

I do know I enquired about this and allposters told me lots of the posters on my site were out of date/stock so these stats (6 months) cannot be taken as normal figures. But the stats in my previous post were from an updated site using the lastest feed so I wonder what the reason is this time?

@ Guffy before you say anything, I know it is a bad site and nowhere near as good as yours. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon
    I am not using a datafeed yet. I know the posters on my site are not out of stock or old. I suspect my visitors just want info and look at the paintings (Fine Art).

Andy Williams

I see your point perfectG but it is an awful lot of click throughs to send for so few sales.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    But when you are promoting fine art, and posters and prints are all you got, there is very little choice. I don't waste time on that site any more. Just leavce it to its own devices. Not worth spending time on as it is.

Andy Williams

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hi Allposters!

I was wondering if you have a datafeed and how to get it? I could keep the posters sections a lot more up to date if I had this...

My stats for this program for this month:

Hits, 2499
    Sales, 7
    Commission, $57.43 (Nice high-ticket item in there)

Better than usual (for a long time, my results were like the others that have posted so far) but could be better still!

Other than that, it's nice to see that check show up near the 1st of the month.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    One nice use of allposters for me is with fiction, poetry or essay sites, you can use their 'large' image to create an opening graphic for the site based on it's theme, and change it every month. I get comments all the time that the artwork is 'beautiful', like I had anything to do with it, lololol....

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

ABW Ambassador
    @Gordon [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

It's good to know that even the Mad Dr can beat Leader at selling posters [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

143 posters shifted this month at a ratio of aprox 1:130

Mad Doctor Gfufy

Seems to me the Mad Dr is beating everyone at everything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

He is sure knocking spots of me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Ouch, a little on the harsh side.

A spammer is a spammer is a spammer.

Glad to see where you guys stand on the situation. Willing to carry on dealing with a company with no ethics.

Remembers spams take business away from affiliates just like parasiteware.

You guys obviously don't get over 1000 spams a day in your mailbox like I do.

Once you do, you'll change your tune.

Actually I do also really resent that spam. I'm already a friggin' affiliate of AllPosters.com! I don't need to be recruited. It really should be stopped.

That said, I already had a lot of poster pages up before the spam started, and I am not really interested in taking them down.

This month:
    clicks: 22,089
    items sold: 84
    commissions: $337.40

My conversion is down all over this month ("thanks, google, for the less than relevant search results")

September:
    clicks: 17,591
    items sold: 107
    commissions: $363.76

@Leader, you can write to allposters and get your own datafeed, but it is not the same format as the Cusimano data files. From the affiliate section:

quote:
    Large sites that need additional information on link integration or datafeeds can contact affiliates@allposters.com.

{bwahahahahaha, here spider, spider, spider, look at the nice email address}

OH, and welcome AllPosters. I think we'd all love some help on improving our conversion rates with you!

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I suspect posters are always going to be low on conversion rates - after all, it's an area where a lot of people come just to look at the pictures.

However, those pictures are at AllPosters bandwidth expense, and as was said above, you can use them to add value to your site.

My personal experience is that AllPosters are good people affiliate-wise (the "Jitka" thing is ill-advised tho'), and I'm getting slightly better numbers than some posted here. Oct MTD:

23894 clicks
    153 items sold
    $757 commission

These have held up in spite of me thinking I'd dropped on Google - obviously surfers pick better search terms than I do when testing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

What works? Hand picked galleries on posters-only sites and on content sites both work for me. Data feed sites too new to say yet.

Are you Crazy?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    It's good to know that even the Mad Dr can beat Leader at selling posters~Guffy

Enjoy it now. For some reason I've just gotten a sudden urge to improve the spin on certain sections of my site that just happen to deal with posters. I wasn't going to mess with it before the 1st of the year before, BUT...

quote:
    you can write to allposters and get your own datafeed, but it is not the same format as the Cusimano data files.~webmistress

I was going to change the poster sections entirely anyway (I planned that even before Guffy said that), so I'm not concerned about the format difference. I would expect it should work okay...

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    GRRR I just got the harvested e mail spam today. Wrote them back politely, asking why they would resort to spam us and why they wouldn't come back and help us make more money with active affilaites in here. I have 3 sites already with them, to bad they didn't do more research on who they were sending these to.
    Will be interesting to see if they do come in here

WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

ABW Ambassador
    Gee, must have been an actual affiliate that was spamming, I've never heard of allposters sending emails to webmasters.

Oh and..

Look how long ago allposters took a stand against parasites!!

quote:
    posted October 22, 2002 05:59 PM

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Actually SamyT is was allposters themselves. I would get 2 or 3 a day from them. I know it was them because I eventually called allposters about it and told them to STOP!!! I didn't promote any such Merchant and wasn't interested in them particularly beings they were spamming me. They admitted the emails were coming from them.

I haven't gotten any such emails from them in quite some time now.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Gee, must have been an actual affiliate that was spamming, I've never heard of allposters sending emails to webmasters.

They have stopped but just check
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...in.*&lr=&hl=en
    they used to spam plenty. I dropped them over it and will never go back, their AM was rude and abusive when asked about all the spamming.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I dropped them over it and will never go back, their AM was rude and abusive when asked about all the spamming.

Which AM was that? I can be a total pain in the butt of an affiliate and no-one's ever been nasty to me LOL

Surprises me actually.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    SamyT,

This thread you revived is from 2002. When I talked with them, it was actually a department of several people who handled the affiliate related contacts. I would be surprised if all those same staff are still there. I would also be surprised if all the same policies are in place. It would seem that allposters did make a policy change for the better by stopping the spamming of webmasters.

Oh wait...I forget. Programs shouldn't make changes for the better in their programs. They should just be held accountable forever and forever for them. And I suppose their past indiscretions regarding spam should completely nullify their anti-parasite stance.

Chet...yeah they were pretty rude to me also. They wanted all kinds of personal information from me to "take me off their mailing list." A list of all my domains (domains they weren't sending the emails to), my full name, etc. Yeah right.... It did all make for a colorful conversation at the time though.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread