Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    They've started already. -$210.00 and counting.

ABW Ambassador
    So far mine is $200, not bad actually. It started on January 3rd. Hopefully they're done. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I was skeptical about reversals until I got a credit card bill in October.It had a charge that I didn't make on it from some type of marketing operation in Alberta.This particular card is only used by me online at maybe six or seven places and all of them are for services concerning my web business.
    I didn't think much about it (of course I had it took off) then in December I had another charge to a Capitol Group in Barbados.I also that it took off and had a new number issued.The credit card company didn't seem to care about tracking the person making the charges.What I'm getting at is my number was apparently hijacked by someone working at one of these online services I use, hosting company,search engine or something like that and since they are buying marketing services I would say it is someone doing business online,website operator or whatever.they never purchased any goods just services so be careful because if the CC companies don't care it can only get worst.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Lord, I can't wait for the day I can say $200 in reversals is 'not bad'..lolololol

-elbowcreek
    Elbow Creek Magazine

lol Elbowcreek, me too!!!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have about $150 so far.
    Do they do reversals all at once, or through several days?
    I think Christmas shoppers, the gifts they bought, have a lower tend, to be returned, or to be fraudulant.
    Lets see
    Guitars

ABW Ambassador
    I've had over $200 and reversals are never "not bad" however:

4 sales were reversed for one particular Merchant for "unqualified lead"

How is a sale unqualified???

I contacted CJ this morning and they are working on getting clarification on this matter(the Merchant didn't respond to my emails)

The majority of the others were from Music123 ... "unable to ship ... out of stock"

You'd think they would have been better prepared for the Holiday season.

Anyway, If I don't get better clarification on the "unqualified lead" reversals ... I will post the Merchant in "Merchant Fraud"

Regards,
    Dave

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Music123's footprints are showing in my stats, too. They must have just gotten to my account...not too many reversals Yet but I know from experience that tomorrow's first stat check will probably prompt me to keep on calling them Maybe123 (because when they get a transaction, it "May Be" commissionable in the end, or it "May Be" not!)

We were fortunate with Music123 last month--no sales, no reversals!

Lik Sang, on the other hand, has been removed from every stinking link on seven of our sites. 87% reversal rate from those &^%$&^**(&%#$

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    A mercchant's affiliate manager needs to really address reversal ratios when they exceed 15%. Negating a sale buy cross checking their CC billing and shipping address is a simple solution. If a merchant gets a high amount of CC fraud orders then they should refuse to ship to anyone other than the CC billing address. Realtime credit card merchant services also catch most stolen or over the limit cards.

Merchants who show a drop in their EPC by 50% while at the same time showing a increase in their reversals 50% are headed for the trash bin. Many electronics and computer merchants fall in this category who must take steps to pay affiliates something for traffic above just the commission rate. LS aand BeFree do not show individual sale reversal information so affilitaes cannot corner shady merchants for high ratios.

I hate the reversal days. Over $400 between the 3rd of this month and today.

Hmmmm.... this is bad. One merchant reversed over $600 worth of commissions for December and I only kept a little over $400 of their commissions. High ticket items, yes, so much more susceptible to cc fraud, but this takes some investigating into how much of that traffic was from ppc listings.

I hate the reversal days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

(I can't seem to post today without needing to edit)

Has anyone else noticed that in the advanced report generator there is no longer an option in the "type" drop list for "reversed"? You have to view the whole list of "all" to see reversed transactions now?

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: webmistress ]

I've ended up with 5 reversals so far, only 2 are over $5 and both are shoe avenue!
    Do they ever pay?

I haven't seen the reversed selection in the "Type" dropdown in months. Come to think of it, I don't even remember if it was ever there. It's under "What" though. I always check the modified box anyhow. That always gives me a clearer picture of when the reversal took place. I prefer knowing that, as opposed to looking all the way back for when the transaction actually took place.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Mklangl ]

big red blobs, grumble,

2 steps forward, 3 steps back
    2 steps forward, 3 steps back, repeat

grumble, grumble

dont get me started [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

sniff, snuffle, sobbbbbbb

Did I listen to Leader when she said clothing came with lots of reversals? NOOO, I had to go and prove it empirically to myself.

MJ, that merchant I'm talking about (and today there was another $89 commission reversed) is RafaelloTies, who are the same as ShoesAve. I don't market the shoes (cuz he warned me the returns on them were high), but this is the first time my reversals are larger than my earnings by them. Another few days and my December earnings with RT will be negative.

sniff, sobb, sobbb, o why didn't I listen to Leader?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know why CJ fraud hasnt nabbed them.

They consistantly have a 60-80% reversal rate ... Why??? :mad:

I don't promote them anymore ... But I hate to see others get ripped by these fraudsters.

Dave

quote:
    Has anyone else noticed that in the advanced report generator there is no longer an option in the "type" drop list for "reversed"? You have to view the whole list of "all" to see reversed transactions now?

It's there under "Show Which Transactions" on the Advanced Report Generator... fourth button down, left hand side.

Sorry to hear WM,hang in there!
    The only reason I was using them is people are looking for designer shoes, but after last months effort, I've already started pulling their links down, shame!

If someone can enlighten me, it would be much appreciated, How come the majority of reversals I have fall in the "run out of stock" bag, with a couple of invalid cc's.

How come orders are processed when there is no stock?
    How come it takes weeks for an invalid cc to be picked up?
    uhmmm...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    More reversals showed up [img]tongue.gif[/img] They snuck in at 11:40something Pacific and hit the unmagic button.

$198 reversed so far... not a giant bite but I agree with Dave--reversals are never "not bad". They ALL suck!

Reversal report after everyone snuck in under the wire to pull their fast stuff:

Grand Total $1,004.90

That's only on the apparel mall.

On Rafaello Ties: Originally 26 sales for a total in commissions of 1164.53$. After reversals commissions they've permitted me to keep: $398.

November was 13 sales and I was allowed to keep $205. However the original commish was 459.50$ before reversals, so I had figured I was still making more than getting reversed (well, not quite, I see now).

ABW Ambassador
    I dream of the day when I can have over $1000 dollars in reversals....Well, you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Webmistress that's dreadful, I'm so sorry to hear there's been so many!

My stats were running up and down today, a sale, a reversal, a sale, a reversal, getting dizzy watching it!
    Hope that's the end of reversals for all of us!

I had $112 in reversals and most of it with the reason "cant ship sold out" I hate to see this..

ABW Ambassador
    Indeed ...

This is a pretty lame reversal excuse. Most sites I have brought from DO NOT allow the transaction go through. Instead, they say at point of sale that they are out of stock and offer to email you when they receive the item.

One Merchant err ... Music123 ... reversed 30% of sales with this excuse... CJ should investigate!!! :mad:

Dave

Has anyone actually managed to get their money owed from merchants who have already left CJ?

A merchant just did that to me and I now have $150 reversed from November. December is another $200 (all "extended") when the time comes.

GraffitiOnline and Shoes2Die4 did that to me once long time ago, but it was just 10, 20 dollars then. And compared to these fly-by-night merchants, the likes of ShoesAvenue and RaffaelloTies seem like angels.

I think there really is something not right when I actually feel good about seeing "just" $100 or so reversed from big-timers like Zappos.

Very demoralising. Can't study and can't work on my sites anymore.

TianTian [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast