Zappos sales
    My Zappos sales have died. Am I alone? I mean they have all but stopped. Just a trickle <1 or 2> per day........ on 400 legit. click throughs.

Am I alone?

Help!!

I have no complaints. Yesterday was a 3.3% conversion rate on over 400 clicks. Month to date is 2.6% on over 3,000 clicks.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Zappos
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    I have no complaints. Yesterday was a 3.3% conversion rate on over 400 clicks. Month to date is 2.6% on over 3,000 clicks.
    I am actually glad to hear that. I know yesterday others were complaining in another thread. It never seems to affect everyone. It's like we take turns.

But for the most part, my sales went down the pick starting about a week ago..

Zappos PPC ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    You are referring to your PPC campaign I assume? I used to run a consistant 1.6% < 1 in 60 > clicks, but that's been history since March. I can't understand it. Maybe too much competition in the lower teir search engines since the Google crackdown. I dunno...

PS: Norton s**ks.........too!!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Internet Retailer magazine just announced Zappos as the fastest growing retail website (among the top 400 largest on the web). $184 million in 2004 - up 163% from 2003. Expected to grow 63% this year and surpass $300 million in sales.

And they've recently added handbags to their lineup - selling briskly - like their shoes.

If I were a parasite like Zango, and I was seeing this great shoe site going gangbusters for sales... I'd create a bot to crawl the serps and collect the urls of the pages I could find that contain zappos cj links. Slurp these into a database where I match them up with my "replacement" urls. This way I could begin to aggressively target all the zappos affiliates to steal their commissions. And I suppose I'd mask the identity of my bot so people wouldn't have a clue what I was doing. Knowing LinkShare is implementing verification processes, I'd realize that CJ was my best hunting ground to sign up alias accounts to collect my redirected commissions. And since Zappos is a leading program there, and recently coronated a growing leader, I'd target it first.

As an affiliate, I might check the EPC graphs of other leading CJ programs to see if I could see similar activity elsewhere.

RapidSatellite... attached.

GolfSmith... attached.

THIS IS NOT PROOF. Just a suspicion. I said in another thread that you Zappos folks should line up SEO and PPC and see it folks on SEO side of aisle are being hurt only - I suspect a bot is crawling serps looking for your pages.

Could be a parasite looking for urls to pop over.
    Could be a competitor of Zappos looking for list of folks to recruit.
    Could be a competitor of Zappos driving down their EPC to make them look bad.
    Could be a tech glitch at CJ (except your logs are telling me clicks are happening).

This activity, taken as it is (without my imaginary and unproven suspicions), is, by itself, worthy of serious investigation by CJ compliance team.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Did a little testing with my parasite infected computer just now... you zappos guys need to pool your resources and track it down...

There's one affiliate of jjkent (italian charm bracelets, aff program thru CJ) who's popping over zappos shopping cart pages (stealing!!! c'mon - what kind of ad service is being provided by popping charm ads on someone in the middle of buying high-heeled boots) - he's worth noting cuz his site that pops up is stuffing 6 different merchant program cookies simultaneously upon popping, including overwriting zappos cookies [or writing (yoo-hoo zappos... they're stealing your serp sales too)].

I'd say this cheater is lazy too, among other things - making one url of his/hers, when launched, be useful for stealing from 6 different places - maybe he/she is into recycling to save time and resources... a real tree hugger...

Took me 70-80 seconds to find his CJ AID/PID and site popping over zappos... what are the CJ compliance folks doing with their resources...

Last time I shot the info to CJ through several merchants and CJ sat on it - then they told all here that they already fired the perp. Was fun to hear that story. To make it more entertaining, this time, I'd like to play the game the other way around... CJ, tell me which aff this is and when you fired them... get it right, then I'll show you my video. Oops, wait, I mean I'll tell you I have a video of it already, but you can't see it because I'm too busy to show you and my compliance team over here needs to remain claoked in secrecy or our ultra-secret methods of detection would be uncovered...

EPC's and Ratios
    February - PPC - EPC-14.95 Convert-1.4% -Clicks-632
    SEO- EPC-26.48 Convert-1.5% -Clicks-1536

March - PPC - EPC-16.13 Convert-1.2% -Clicks-3063
    SEO - EPC-10.96 Convert-1.0% -Clicks-1848

April - PPC - EPC-18.58 Convert-1.4% -Clicks-2528
    SEO - EPC-7.62 Convert-0.5% -Clicks-3573

May - PPC - EPC-23.67 Convert-1.8% -Clicks-3072
    SEO -EPC-12.93 Convert-0.8% -Clicks-2646

That's mine.... make of it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Airstrip
    You are referring to your PPC campaign I assume? I used to run a consistant 1.6% < 1 in 60 > clicks, but that's been history since March. I can't understand it. Maybe too much competition in the lower teir search engines since the Google crackdown. I dunno...

PS: Norton s**ks.........too!!
    I don't do any PPC. It's SEO.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Last time I shot the info to CJ through several merchants and CJ sat on it - then they told all here that they already fired the perp. Was fun to hear that story. To make it more entertaining, this time, I'd like to play the game the other way around... CJ, tell me which aff this is and when you fired them... get it right, then I'll show you my video. Oops, wait, I mean I'll tell you I have a video of it already, but you can't see it because I'm too busy to show you and my compliance team over here needs to remain claoked in secrecy or our ultra-secret methods of detection would be uncovered...
    The publisher you are describing has been deactivated for non-compliance with the CoC. This particulat publisher was associated with several accounts - all of which have been deactivated.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Thanks, Todd. Glad to hear it.
    Dennis Duffy

Internet Cowboy
    Then why is this not treated as an invalid link and display the CJ "Invalid Link" page?
    It seems to me that if this were treated this way, it would give the perpetrator some motivation to remove the link.
    It also seems that it would give the advertiser some motivation to get involved. Instead, you are rewarding the advertiser with a sale as the result of illegal activity.

More importantly, you are still allowing this person to overwrite cookies via blatant cookie stuffing, even though they are no longer in the network. I see no value in even showing the target URL of the link since the publisher is deactivated.

The only value I see is that, once again, CJ makes money on activity clearly in violation of the CoC.

If a relationship generates a sales or lead is invalid, our system looks up the next valid relationship that sent the previous click and awards that publisher the commission.

Secondly, if a publisher relationship is invalid and there is not valid relationship to award it to, no one gets the commission and CJ makes no money.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Todd can you look here http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=59231 I was hoping not to have the thread go off topic, but I think I was too late.

The publisher you are describing has been deactivated for non-compliance with the CoC. This particulat publisher was associated with several accounts - all of which have been deactivated
    I clearly recall an instance of a CJ client doing something this, overwriting his own affiliates cookies and setting cookies to collect commissions from his competitors. Was he deactivated?

ABW Ambassador
    "There was a tracking problem this morning starting at 2:12 AM. It was corrected as of 8:59 AM. We will be in touch as soon as we get further information.
    We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We will work with the network to ensure that any pro-rated fees that may be due you are properly calculated and credited as soon as possible."

Jack Kotowski
    Zappos.com
    Last edited by Trust; June 7th, 2005 at 02:34 PM.

Hey Trust...??
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "There was a tracking problem this morning starting at 2:12 AM. It was corrected as of 8:59 AM. We will be in touch as soon as we get further information.
    We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We will work with the network to ensure that any pro-rated fees that may be due you are properly calculated and credited as soon as possible."

Jack Kotowski
    Zappos.com
    Where did you get this? I never got a copy. Regular mail or CJ mail.

Thanks

I got a copy now!!
    Sorry... I just checked mail and found it. Was Jack talking EST or?

Internet Cowboy
    The time mentioned is PDT

Has anyone had a Zappos sale today?

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

I've had 5. Two just before the outage (one posted at 00:32, the other at 02:35) and I had three after (posting times of 11:49, 11:52 and 13:53).

All had event times about an hour earlier so the timing between event and post looks normal.
    Dennis Duffy

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread