Why create a store?
    Newbie question here,

What is the advantage in setting up a script site vs. just referring directly from a CPC site? The only advantage I can see is you may get hits from regular SE's. But if everyone has the same site contents, how often will that happen??

Is there something else I am missing here? Has to be some reason we would want to hassle with datafeed errors, datafeed out-of-date, script errors, etc, etc,,,

Thanks for helping out the new guy.

Marc.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Well, it depends on what you want to achieve. I have mostly sites where I enter the products manually, but I just started a site that utilizes data feeds. I haven't gotten through nearly all the products yet, but basically you just need to be dedicated enough to clean up the feeds, and reword the descriptions. It's a pain, but if you want to feature tons of products, it's still easier than the alternative. After all, with feeds you get all the links, images, and bones of the products, which already cuts alot of work for the affiliate. On my other sites I have to look for the products I want to add, create the links, add them into my database manually, etc.

I don't know, there are benefits to both I guess. I personally like the datafeeds for those very specific niches, since if you are just featuring say, patio furniture, a feed is great, but if you have a little bit of each subcategory of one specific category on a site, then manually entering products is fine.

Hope that made sense...it's been a long day here for me and I'm a little dazed and confused...
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Hi Marc,

By building a store of products you can either go the niche route or be broad in your approach with what you want to sell using Datafeeds. In PPC especially Google, if you do not have a landing page for the products you are promoting, PPC may not be of much help to you in driving traffic to which you promote.

There was a recent study done where a comparison of PPC and natural traffic (SERPS) is that 7 in 10 click the search engine results page not the displayed ads.

By just focusing on PPC you may be losing up to 70% of the market, in my case its 60/40, 60% of my traffic to my physical products store comes from SERPs and of course the other 40% from PPC (CPC).

By changing the templates of the different scripts offered you can make a unique site that gets well indexed by the search engines, if you just slap up the script and make no changes, you are right in thinking you may not get much traffic.

I have made money both ways, PPC only and sites that get traffic from SERPs. I am now focused on getting natural traffic…its cheaper

All the best,

Mike

Sorry, my question was not very clear.
    What I am saying is, why not just have my CPC campaigns send my prospects directly to the distributor's site? Why do I need a website at all? I don't see any advantages...

With these scripts, it seems to me that you are duplicating the distributor's website, with the final buy click sent to the distributor's site. Why go through all of that? Just have your referral link go directly to the distributor.

I must be missing something here...

Depending on the PPC site i.e. google, if you are not number one or two in the bidding your ad will never be seen, Google does not allow more than two ads going to the same domain, notice I did not say URL, googles TOS is based on domains. I do not use any of the b-list PPC sites any longer so I cannot comment on those, never had much luck with them..

If you look at the scripts and load one up you will see thay are far from what the distributor websits look like.

For instance one of the scripts I use is the Amazon one, I have over 4000 pages indexed in Google alone, Yahoo is doing a good job of indexing as well. Of the other DYSE scripts I have up about 3 week now, one has over 500 pages and the other 300 and below, however they are being spidered everyday, so in the end my traffic will be free excpet for my time.

I guess what it boils down to is what you want to do, play the PPC game or build a few sites, with the cost of domains and websites these days, it does not cost much to test a market

Have fun,

Mike

With your own store, you can have a lot of listings in search engines. In Google for example, I got over 1,000,000 Amazon page listings from a script where each item has it's own page on my domains.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread