Yes.. I am very new to affiliate publishing and have used Kanoodle, Enhance, and Findwhat for a few dollars worth of clicks. I read in another thread that these folks are infested with parasites. I am learning and I need more knowledge on this stuff. Shopuld I absolutely stay clear of the above mentioned PPCSE's and what's a good clue to indicate I have been robed. Two months ago I questioned Enhance and Kannoodle on how in the heck can I show 1000 clicks through their companies and virtually NO clicks on any of my merchants. Teach me! I don't want burned and I do not wnat to support any merchant and or PPCSE that turns their heads regarding parasites..
    The best things in life are not things at all...

PS:: Forgive the typos and spelling on my previous post!!

Thanks!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The sooner these 3rd world PPCSE's either merge into one legit operation or fold the better for shoppers. Let the affiliates and cheapo merchants get raped by the traffic scammers as the price of monitizing the BHO search bars and blind redirect cookie stuffers. Every level of schemers and smoke and mirror traffic generators play daily on the desperation/greed of those willing to play tricks for clicks like the weekend hookers in Vegas.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

BHO=??? See, I am a newbie! I am just learning the shop talk as well!! And thanks for the input Mike and or Charlie! What I have summarized so far is to stay the heck away from the cheapo third world PPCSEs.......

And what about a list of merchants that have known activity with or as a parasite? Is there such a list?

After getting outed by 15,000 ABWers in forums like Parasiteware, those major network merchnats unwilling to come to this recruiting ground are suspect. ABW Merchant's who have active forums here do pay and convert if you can entice targeted shoppers to click.

My studies, that actually track both Overture and Goodle Adwords PPCSE traffic sales, show Adwords outsells Overture by 2 to 1 on the same keywords for the last 6 months. This sure isn't my PPCSE accounts as I have none. It's for my ecommerce enabled clients.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Bad
    PHarasite
    Ok with networks and merchants!

But in real tech word - Browser Helper Object

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    According to Nathan Power there are 599 Pay per click search engines.

Psssss't... What does BHO stand for? I am trying to learn the lingo!!

Thanks..

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    BHO = Browser Helper Object

But actually, it is a
    Browser Hi-Jack Object.

It many freeware programs, the BHO's are included in the download. BHO's are also included in shopping discount programs. You agree to the "terms", of which mention the BHO, but of course you don't read all 5 or 10 pages, so you just "Agree".

The BHO then works on its own in your computer. Some spontaneously launch popups when certain sites are visited, some replace affiliate cookies with their own. Sort of like an alien from the movie "Alien", churning within your system.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

B = Bloody
    H = Horrible
    O = Orifice licking b*st*rds who deserve to be hung by their balls until they are blue in the face then they would be lowered to the floor and forced to remove their own balls, (no novocaine), then forced them to cook them in boiling fat and finaly eat them (with no seasoning). Whilst all us normal affiliates party at the thoughts of there being one scumbag less to procreate and fill the planet with more filth

I have a feeling if this was done to just one or two of them there would not be many left prepared to risk the wrath of the BHO Busters.

I was going to suggest doing it to the Networks people as well but we would not find many with balls in that group.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Oh come-on Gordo don't hold back...let us know what your really think!

Hey nowadays a man has to be careful what he says Mike, the fact that what he says is true does'nt matter a toss in the courts today.

These b*st*rds have stolen so much money from us this last three years they can afford to put all the judges in their back pockets and still have enough left for a dunkin donut.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

OUCH!! The least you can do Gordon is let them have some seasoning

Hey Gordo they're all cogs in the advertising mindset industry. Spin artists all. You and I can go in and buy Adwhores.com or Adwhoresunited.com and hold a seminar drunk cruise meeting. Then tip Al-Quada that a boatload of Neo-con politicians are cruising towards some skinny dipping Carribian Island hatching War on Terrorism plots. Feed the buggers to the sharks if they don't swim to Hattie or Cuba and take up residence.

I'm in love! Gordon, will you marry me?

Sorry, Haiko, have to toss you over, now.

The heart wants what it wants.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Geez Gordy where's your sense of compassion- turn the other cheek and all that crap lol!

I'm with you buddy- let's party

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    The BHO then works on its own in your computer. Some spontaneously launch popups when certain sites are visited, some replace affiliate cookies with their own. Sort of like an alien from the movie "Alien", churning within your system.

Not only that, they are darned hard to get rid of, and install under BS pretenses! I thought I had deloused my mother's computer 100% after it became infested the other day, but now she's reporting more infernal sliders happening.

She got this 7-parasite download nuke after trying to send a mail from Mail.com. According to her...when she tried to send the mail something told her she'd have to say "yes" to something in order to send it. So she DID IT (argh argh argh ) and wham!

I should say, 7 apparent parasites came at once. That's how many different parasite company names I saw sitting in her C:/program files. Seems there's at least one more POS in that computer, or one that seems gone but isn't. Argh!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

OMG Gordon - love it!!

Now that would be affiliate justice!
    Ebudae

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Leader,

Mail.com is ExactAdvertising (aka BargainBuddy, ExactSearch Toolbar, CashBackBuddy). They tend to distribute their stuff all bundled together. Or at least if you get one, it will install the others. The ExactToolBar has been distributed in the past under the guise of mail.com toolbar. Exact Advertising is also solely responsible for the ad inventory buys for Mail.com, so who knows what other lovlies come up through the ads shown over there. All it takes is getting something like FavoriteMan, CoolWebSearch, etc on the computer and they will keep instalilng other stuff in background. Many of these apps are now changing their file names frequently which can make detection hard. As well as not having folders for install, but rather just a .dll file dumped in the Windows directory.

Maybe you can get your Mom to switch to a different free email service. It might save you delousing time in the future.

Could someone at Linkshare go over to this neighbors office and beat some sense into them? At least hang a "We hate Kerry and the NYPD is Gay" banner on their building. The whacko peace-nic liberals are decending on NYC and might trash & torch that place that runs 6 hijacking theftware apps, e-mail spam servers and peddles privacy info to all takers.
    eXact Advertising
    101 W. 23rd Street, PMB 2392
    New York, New York 10011
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: EXACTADVERTISING.COM
    Created on: 02-May-02
    Expires on: 02-May-05
    Last Updated on: 29-Apr-04

Administrative Contact:
    Advertising, eXact domains2@exactadvertising.com
    New York, New York 10011
    United States
    6462231200 Fax --
    Technical Contact:
    Advertising, eXact domains2@exactadvertising.com
    New York, New York 10011
    United States
    6462231200 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS.RACKSPACE.COM
    NS2.RACKSPACE.COM

quote:
    Mail.com is ExactAdvertising

*bleep bleep *

Got any hints for deleting all the crap/preventing reinstalls?

I don't have much experience clearing off this kind of crap, since I don't download anything I'm not 100% sure of.

quote:
    Maybe you can get your Mom to switch to a different free email service.

I'm sure she'll be gone from there in a flash, when I tell her that Mail.com IS the parasiteware place! Time for Hotmail!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I also have (soon to be "HAD") a couple of Mail.com acct's, as backups and to use with people I don't want to bring "home" to my domains. I haven't tried to send any mail out from there in months (probably over a year), though, so I didn't know they had this scam going (where they say the person has to allow the download just to send an email).

I'll be changing email places along with Mom before the day's out!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Oh my, I got Leader using the censor emoticon.

Unfortunately, it seems that these days you have to run more than one anti-spyware removal app to get this stuff off a system. Another unfortunate is that I'm finding other apps doing a better job at detection of these more rogue downloads than S&D (of course he does it all free of charge so really can't complain). It recently took me close to 3 weeks and numerous detection apps to finally start seeing something on my testbox picked up.

x-Cleaner's online scan/removal seems to do a pretty good job with more recent stuff and older applications mutations. http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_onlinescan.html (And yes I know who is behind this, I've known for quite a long time. Regardless, it does do a pretty good job and I'm finding is detecting better than S&D). I haven't tested their downloadable version yet.

Stopzilla also seems to do a fairly good job. It doesn't actually clean the files off the system, but rather is surpresses the applications and keeps them from functioning. I've tested it to a limited degree and it keeps stuff from running that's for sure. It will also keep new installs at bay. It's pretty 'goof proof' also. I actually had to uninstall it from the test box in order to do the testing I needed to on some adware.

I actually prefer Stopzilla over spywareblaster as a preventative measure as it will not automatically kill cookies.

If she still keeps having problems and you can't get her clean, send me a hijackthis log and I'll see if I can ID the culprit. Although that really isn't my best area of expertise, the bad boys do tend to jump out at you and they don't have to be being flagged in the antispyware definitions.

Mike,

quote:
    You'd think that one of them would get it right and receive the network and ABW seal of approval so ALL affiliates could safely push them on shoppers. Guess Haiko prefers to fight the BHO's the old fashion way, through network insiders, rather then push a GREAT app via parasiteware.com by making one of these wanks get it right the first time. No blocking of network cookies EVER!

Man What a novel idea!?!?!

What do you think This is? We are finalizing the details now.

OOPS sorry didn't mean to edit your post, only quote it.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Tried Spywareguide's online cleaner today, and it found 3 paras: BargainBuddy, n-case, and something I'd never heard of (TV-something, I think it was).

Thought everything was all set, but then I came here from her computer to post that, and what greets me on the way in but...*POP!*

On to the next program...

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread