Half my Adsense ads are not working
    At first, I thought maybe Google was cutting me off...but then I see that at least half the ads are functioning. Maybe this could be related to the lack of stats today...Sort of scary. Have you seen this prob before? I am so new, I have zero clue...

Are the pages rich in content? I don't know if it'll help, but you might want to add meta tags if you don't have them.

Most are OK...
    Well, I guess I panicked too quickly... Only the brand new pages I created today have non-working Adsense. So, when I checked a bunch of other pages, they were OK. Panic attack of NEWBIE...Please forgive...

Are any keywords blocked???
    I have a page about finding attorneys for all kinds of cases, an old page, about trademark lawyers, etc. That Adsense works fine. BUT when I made a page to link to the first page, about criminal defense attorneys, with a TON of content, maybe too much content?? the Adsense ad shows the public service ad that you see in Front Page before it goes online. This one KEEPS the public service ad online. Is this a block on these keywords? I have about 1000 pages running Adsense and no prob on any other page. Just this one. Do you think Google will block certain high paying keywords?? I'm going to check to see if the Adsense site search will pull up the keywords on that page... Yes, I have the metatags optimized. Maybe too much content??

OK, the Adsense site search pulls up the criminal defense attorneys, but the rectangle gives all BAD links. So I just am using the site search on that page. The rectangle gives motivational links. Nothing on the page or in the tags mentions motivational materials. So, I guess it is a glitch, best solved with the site search.

sometimes if it is a new site then you will have to wait to be spidered before all of the ads show up correctly which is why you will recieve some public service ads.

Will-

I've seen it take 3 to 4 days for relevant ads to be served. It doesn't happen often, but it happens. Sometimes calling the page with and without the "www." will yield relevant ads for one way and PSA's on the other.

Also check any content page showing PSAs for 'dubious content' - one of my students has a site about being a grandmother and raising children - we eventually determined that a joke about "grandma's panties" on the same page as "children" was being blocked by Adsense - removing the "panties" reference fixed the ads....

Yes the content is very inportant I had a page that had the word gun in it and it got blocked.It was not anything to do with guns just a game description so I emailed them and the word gun is not allowed so go figure.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dete99
    Yes the content is very inportant I had a page that had the word gun in it and it got blocked.It was not anything to do with guns just a game description so I emailed them and the word gun is not allowed so go figure.
    Is there a list of "not allowed" words?

When I run my newsletter through a Spam checker, there are always "basic" words that are flagged as "potential spam problems" and these are legitimate words in my content. They are mostly innocent words such as "daughter," "never," "opportunity" and "here" which is mind-bending. It's getting harder to write an article without triggering someone's idea of spam. I would love to know which words are not allowed by Google. Maybe I'd be spared the insane amount of PSAs showing up on my pages?

By the way, I highly suggest figuring out how to replace PSAs with alternate content through AdSense. It's a good option and worth the additional agro when creating an ad block.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I use a CJ 'Smartzone' with banners the same size as the Adsense block. Although the relevancy is low at least it is showing something capable of generating income.

Just create a .htm page in your root directory and paste in the CJ Smartzone code in the <head> section - leave the body blank.

Then use this page url as your alternate ad url.

-------

For 'not allowed' words just check the Adsense TOS and use the 'sites not allowed' list to give you an idea - guns, drugs, sex etc...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Thanks for the info Mgr!

I've been using a generic Amazon link to replace PSA ads. I suppose we could generate a PSA replacement page for any affiliate program we feel will perform. The trick is to make sure it's the same size as the ad block you're creating in Google. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Don't worry about the adsense ads not showing correctly right away. I had the same problem. Just make sure you have good content and give it a day or two for you site to be fully spidered. I think it took about two days before all of mine were displaying correctly.

Someone else mentioned it, but make sure you have your meta data filled out, that should help too.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread