Question Finding Rebates to list...
    How are sites like PriceGrabber able to acquire lists of active rebates for thousands of products? Is there a place where lists of rebates can be downloaded?

Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    from the merchants......

I'm sure it involves a tremendous amount of manual work for them. Over time, as they become an "authority" on rebates, merchants and manufacturers probably seek them out. I know that's been the case with me and coupons/bargains. When I started my bargain site, I spent a lot of time searching for coupons and bargains. Now, I spend a lot of time selecting which coupons and bargains to list from the ones that merchants send to me and just a little time searching.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

No structured way...?
    Thanks for the response. I am suprised there isn't a more automatic, structured way to download the current rebates from Merchants or Manufacturers...? Like Product data is through Datafeeds.

Shareasale lets you build a database from current coupons and rebates. Of course that is a fraction of the total rebates on the web..

Quote Originally Posted by offerfind
    Thanks for the response. I am suprised there isn't a more automatic, structured way to download the current rebates from Merchants or Manufacturers...? Like Product data is through Datafeeds.

There is...

http://www.forepoint.com/index.cfm

Nice find. I wonder how expensive their service is. I could use something like this with one of the sites I have planned, but I won't have much of a budget for it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

They have an affiliate program through Shareasale

I joined, will post more info when I have been approved and can say what they offer...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

It looks like their affiliate program is just for their retail site, not the data services.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Nice find. I wonder how expensive their service is. I could use something like this with one of the sites I have planned, but I won't have much of a budget for it.
    It is rather expensive. I got some prices once and it was out of my league. They guy running it Clark Baker I believe is a nice guy and easy to deal with though.

Exclamation RebatePlace.com / Forepoint rebate data
    Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the late reply on this thread. To get access to our rebate data you have two options:

1) a rev share deal in which we provide a private label rebate center for you to use on your web site (e.g. http://resellerratings.rebateplace.com). This is free to set up, provided you have good traffic to justify setting this up, and then we provide a rev share on any merchant click-throughs that are generated from your rebate center. This is a great way to provide quality content to your shoppers. Learn more at http://affiliates.rebateplace.com

2) licensing our data/services at a flat monthly rate so that you can get a daily feed of all our data (start date, end date, submission deadline, contact info, status inquiry info, region validity, eligible merchants, ineligible merchants, rebate amount, offer description, restrictions, manufacturer, mfr part num, upc, product name, PDF rebate form file size, and of course the actual PDF rebate form file. We have 3 levels of this service for merchants ranging from $250 to $1000 per month, but for comparison shopping sites and coupon sites, the only effective level is our level 3 service at $1000/mo. These prices are also for a single site license. Additional site licenses are provided at a 50% discount.

Please contact me for more information on setting this up.

Thanks,
    Clark
    Forepoint, Inc.
    518-426-3227
    Last edited by RebatePlace.com; June 20th, 2005 at 01:04 PM.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread