Flash banners on CJ?
    Hi,

I apologize if this has been covered. I don't see any newer posts regarding Flash Banners on CJ. Does anyone want them or use them? Do they specifically not use them?

We're always looking for ways to freshen up our program, but don't want to spend the time to implement things that the affiliates just don't want.

Any feedback is very appreciated!

Alyssa O'Mara
    Affiliate Manager
    CardScan, Inc.
    www.cardscan.com/affiliates

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaCardScan
    Hi,

I apologize if this has been covered. I don't see any newer posts regarding Flash Banners on CJ. Does anyone want them or use them? Do they specifically not use them?

We're always looking for ways to freshen up our program, but don't want to spend the time to implement things that the affiliates just don't want.

Any feedback is very appreciated!

Alyssa O'Mara
    Affiliate Manager
    CardScan, Inc.
    www.cardscan.com/affiliates
    I won't join any merchant anywhere if they use Flash Banners in their program.

Since I don't allow any ActiveX in my browser, I won't be able to see the banners.

I'm not enthused much by them. Ran a 468x flash banner for a long time on several pages and I'm not sure I was even getting clicks on it.

Mr. Sal I'm confused. You won't join a program because they offer flash banners, or you won't use the flash banners one of your merchant partners offers?

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaCardScan
    Mr. Sal I'm confused. You won't join a program because they offer flash banners, or you won't use the flash banners one of your merchant partners offers?

Thanks for the feedback!
    Hi Alyssa,

The problem is that since I won't enable any ActiveX script to load on my browser, because of the risk of getting a drive-by or worse, I am not able to see any live flash while I am connected to the internet.

And since I won't enable any ActiveX script to load on my browser, I will not use any flash on my sites neither, so that is why I say that I will not join any merchant that uses flash.

I am not to go out and put a notice on my pages that in order to see the banners, my visitors must have ActiveX enabled in their browser.

I don't tell my visitors to disable No-r-ton so they can see my links and banners, so there is no way that I will tell them to enable ActiveX if they want to see some flash.

While I know that many affiliates have no problem using ActiveX, I do, I just don't trust any ActiveX.

Sal.

i only run flash banners on my site that are CPC or CPM. Or if they are a form like. Most users have flash enabled and I have found that interactive ads are a good source of money but I wouldn't try them in an affiliate program.

Heck I need to start promoting you guys. That O'Mara chick is gonna kick my ass if I don't. Just need to buy one so I can review but been really busy.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Overall any merchant selling hard goods should avoid flash entirely as those who disable it will never go back. Those like me and Mr Sal just reinforce our choice everytime we see those blank flash image boxes as a red flag. No alternate navigation and I'm outta there with a sigh of relief. I can remember write heated e-mails to Yahoo News and others who were so stupid they let the Banner agencies run flash Ads in the rotation. You had to wait several minutes before see one spec of article text as the Flash Ad completed it's lame cycle....while surfers cussed their brand.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

If the flash banners were done well I wouldn't mind them at all. Could liven up some pages.

Come on HardwareGeek, what are you waiting for? :-)

It seems that some of you want to try them, and some of you won't go near them. Seems to me, nothing ventured, nothing gained. We'll be sure to keep offering each type.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread