Traffic & Sales Drop During Summer?
    It seems since Memorial Day sales have tanked. Anyone else seeing this? I've always heard traffic drops in the summer but this is the biggest drop I've seen in a long time.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

It's been down just a little for me, but not much.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Our affiliate revenue typically slides a bit during the summer, but then so does our overall traffic. The latter is a bigger concern these days, as our CPM inventory is starting to tighten up.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Last year things really tanked for me in June, but that was due to the fact I relied heavily on one program. This year I am not seeing much of a drop because of income being attributed to a wide variety of sites and products.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Agree with Cheesehead, diversification is key. If you only focus on say outdoor sports you should be booming now but suffer in fall. Conversly, if you sell winter sports goods you are dead in the water now but come back to life in late fall.

leeann, you may want to consider adding summer related products to your site, maybe outdoor stuff (bbq, golf and other summer fun stuff). That may fill your gap.

[QUOTE=LearnAbout] Conversly, if you sell winter sports goods you are dead in the water now but come back to life in late fall.
    [QUOTE]

Don't forget that WW in WWW stands for world wide so that when it is summer in USA/Europe it is skiing season in Australia and New Zealand.

I was a bit puzzled about something wintery from Amazon sold in the summer last year then I sussed it was probably from down under.

Of course, that the market down under is much smaller.

Les

Definitely there are "seasons" to business - yes, diversification is key.

I will say for our part that we are seeing some really nice spikes now related to new movie releases: Batman Begins comes out today (BatmanShop.com falls under our WBShop affiliate program), also Harry Potter related items are really taking off with the book release in July - we'll see continued interest building throughout the summer to the late-fall movie release. There are other WBShop related titles as well you can PM me about if interested like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Corpse Bride.
    Best,

David Rogers
    Sr. Manager, E-Commerce
    New Line Cinema
    212 649-4900
    NewLineShop.com
    WBShop.com
    TheOCInsiderShop.com

summer must be over: I've had an order a day for two days!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread