Not a newwbie but st needs help lol
    I've had my site for about 4 years now. I am top in the ranks on google and yahoo with roughly 75,000 hits a month. I am an affiliate to one major merchant since they carry the items based on my site. My content is extensive and I strickly only apply links to products that have to deal with what my viewers are reading about. However, my sales are crap lol. For the amount of veiwers I have my sales should be much higher. I have done everything I can think of to apply links and product knowledge in a way that would appeal to viewers. But I am missing something. My ave sales range from 100 to 150 a month. I would love to triple this amount at least but can't seem to do it.
    Heres an example of how i apply product links: its a beauty site and if im speaking about hair color, i give a few links some with pics and discr. to shampoos for colored hair. Or if I'm speaking about self tanners I give a list products reviewd by cusumers.
    What else can I do? I can't post my url here but I hope i gave enough info for someone to suggest something. thank so much and forgive the typing, its 4am lolll

Look at your logs and see what search terms people are using to find your site. Do they come searching for info or for products? Can they easily pick up the products you promote at the local store? Have you considered trying some different merchants?

ABW Ambassador
    What merchant are you using?

tamen76,

How are you normally giving "a few links some with pics and discr."? As related products? Are they easily seen and attractively presented?

Are you using the merchant's datafeed, having a separate store (with their products) at your website?

Yes, I totally agree with Jane - try some other merchants in the same industry. Maybe something about this present merchant of yours does not attract customers (could be anything... products costs, shipping fees, etc), but will attract them more to other merchants sellling similar stuff.

Good luck!

Geno

Tamen,
    May I suggest a comparison site where you let the consumer decide on what price and products may appeal to them. Strangely enough consumers will make purchases based on several intangible factors

Good one! If a "comparison site" is not a possibility, do comparison pages, featuring similar stuff by different merchants. You win regardless of what merchant they choose!

Geno

Absolutley,
    Even in the event that you are the merchant for your products it never hurts to test other programs to see what converts and why. This way if another competing merchant off of your site is making " significantly" more sales than you, you can start drawing conclusions from their site as to what you should be doing from price, to packaging, to shipping to customer service etc.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread