I've been reading through a lot of the Parasiteware forums, and some of them are so old...

I thought I had a handle on who to avoid (e.g. 180 Solutions, Ebates, SchoolPop, etc.), but then I noticed some of the most active anti-spyware ABW folks are working with SchoolPop and Ebates merchants. So now I'm confused.

Is there an updated list of who to avoid? I wouldn't want to drop someone who has truly cleaned up their act.

If it can't be posted, can someone PM me....

Thanks,

Paul

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I just passed up a program on LinkShare this morning because they are working with schoolpop.
    I don't think many anti-parasite people will promote these "bad" merchants in any big way - they perhaps use them to fill a niche that nobody else can. My first choice is always a "clean" merchant.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

O.k., so SchoolPop is still on the "bad" list.

Good to know.

I'm not worried about 180 Solutions, I know that they're still on the Bad list.

Ebates is another one where I've seen siginficant overlap between their merchants and the affiliate's merchants. I know there was some talk about with/without the download... is that enough to create a comfort level with publishers?

I've always avoided eBates like the plague (well, not always... but since finding out about them), but now I see high-end publishers working with a large number of Ebates merchants... am I behind the times on this issue?

If it was just anyone, I wouldn't be questioning things... but one particular affiliate is very vocal about being anti-spyware, so I'd assume that this person would be up to date on what was considered clean and what wasn't.

Paul

I agree with Paul we need to be up to date or else all the hard work is of no use.

Is there a list of tips or information one could pass on to customers on what they should look for regarding this?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread