Linkshare - Simple is Better Simple is Better
    I AM tryinggggggg to see what my sales are so far for June. When I put in the info. I keep getting -

The specified criteria didn't result in any data. This is often caused by applying filters that are too restrictive or that contain incorrect values. Please check your Request Filters and try again. The filters currently being applied are shown below.
    Here are my (grrrrrr) request filters -

Year is equal to 2005
    and Month is equal to 2005-06
    and Begin Date is greater than or equal to 2005-06-01
    and End Date is less than or equal to 2005-06-10
    and Network is equal to LinkShare Network
    and Link Type is equal to Active Display

What am I missing?? I am not interested in knowing at this time if it is a banner, text link etc.. I just want to know who I sold what to!!!

And WHY put a HELP link up that doesn't work?

I hate hate hate whatever this beta thing is called.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I find that I have to run it once for merchandiser, then again for banners, then again for text links. It's crazy. Something should cover "all".
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    I find that I have to run it once for merchandiser, then again for banners, then again for text links. It's crazy. Something should cover "all".
    That is just insane! So there is no way to go to Linkshare and without going through this absurd process, find out your sales for the month? I mean, have these people never heard of simple terms like -

Month to Date
    Week to Date
    Quarter
    Year

All Links
    Banner Links
    Text Links
    Etc.....

I wish they'd reinvent the freakin' wheel on their own time.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

It took me about an hour a few days ago to figure that out. When you get to the "Select a link type" prompt, choose "Skip Prompt" and it'll include everything.

I strongly agree with the title of this thread. Simple IS Better. The old reports were simple.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

How long are we stuck in Beta???
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Probably for as long as we stick with Linkshare.

Even if they remove the "Beta" tag, I doubt that Synergy Analytics will ever be simplified. (Please prove me wrong Linkshare!)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Yep simple is better. LinkShare's old reports were inaccessible for me this morning and I was forced to use SA. What a painful experence that was. What a step back SA is. It's simple unfathomable how this could have happened.
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It took me about an hour a few days ago to figure that out. When you get to the "Select a link type" prompt, choose "Skip Prompt" and it'll include everything.

I strongly agree with the title of this thread. Simple IS Better. The old reports were simple.
    Thank You! It has been driving me insane.
    leeann

15 years and counting
    Michael Coley - Probably for as long as we stick with Linkshare.
    I don't want to give out all my secrets, but I've been really successful in replacing my LS merchants. (around 55%). Better EPC, faster payment... The harder is to decide to do it.

I sometimes feel like MacGyver when I'm trying to get something done with Synergy Analytics. If I only had some duck tape, a deck of playing cards, some clear nail polish ...
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Yeah, but with Synergy Analytics the only things we're given are bleach and ammonia.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

It's down again. Be shock.
    leeann

Quote Originally Posted by leeann
    It's down again. Be shock.
    Same here.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    I sometimes feel like MacGyver when I'm trying to get something done with Synergy Analytics. If I only had some duck tape, a deck of playing cards, some clear nail polish ...
    Bailing wire, chewing gum.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Yeah, but with Synergy Analytics the only things we're given are bleach and ammonia.
    And we all know that Angus MagGyver taught the kids not to mix household chemicals. I suspect some of the kids were not paying attention.
    Dennis Duffy

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread