ABW Ambassador
    http://www.vermontteddybear.com/

Dropped me first time i made a sale because of a coupon i posted. Apparently they have it written in their terms they can drop you if you post a coupon or if you're a coupon site and don't have to pay any commissions. Don't know why they approved me in the first place. Watch out for links out to their sister sites and scroll down to the very bottom of page. Looks like a little SEO going on.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Who is their affiliate program through?

Hey, at least they were offered to you. They have never shown up for me.
    I am willing to work with merchants and if they don't want coupons listed but have some good products that people are willing to pay full price for I am happy to list them. I don't think it is fair to judge me just because I have coupons on my site. That is not all my site is about.
    Lots of times merchants don't even mention coupons in their agreement but drop you right away if you post some. No warning at all.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

I was dumped and they told me they would not pay me for my sales, however, the nice folks at befree got my moohlah for me Thanks Befree!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I am willing to work with merchants and if they don't want coupons listed but have some good products that people are willing to pay full price for I am happy to list them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of a thread hijack, but this is exactly how I feel about JCPenney. I know they don't want coupon codes posted (although I've seen them on sites), but I've expressed that I'm interested in listing them at full price--just promoting their current promotions. But they say I don't fit their profile. *sigh*

It's not life-or-death that I'm in their program, but I think it would help bring some traffic to my site and some sales to theirs.

Michael

I don't want to turn this into a B&M (Bit** and Moan) session, BUT I am occasionally turned down by a merchant. (Nordstroms for one) When pressed for a reason so that maybe I could fix the problem I am told that my traffic is too low. Well, how is the customer going to know that I have low traffic. My site looks as good as any out there and I think it looks better than some of the higher producing sites.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Lots of times merchants don't even mention coupons in their agreement but drop you right away if you post some. No warning at all.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Connie, in your case I think it is safe to say that it is their loss.

Steve

yep, one sale, and boom gone. I might list them anyway just to offer my customers something.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread