im getting many hits related to travel, but no leades or sales, can anyone give me good travl merchants that convert??

thanks

KEN SHAMROCK

I've had a few sales from Rail Europe and Expedia.co.uk (both of which are on CJ), but most of my sales have come from independent affiliate programs such as Auto Europe, InsureMyTrip.com, and HotelsCentral.com. Car rentals have been doing pretty well since January 1.

For what it's worth, I have a European travel site and this is very early in the 2002 vacation-planning season. People may book their rental cars and even their hotels well in advance of departure, and they'll buy travel insurance to protect them against cancellation penalties or supplier default, but they don't need to buy rail passes (which I think will be big sellers on my site) until a few weeks before they leave on vacation.

BTW, I've noticed an increase in clickthroughs on Magellan's (travel supplies) and Irv's Luggage Warehouse lately. No sales from those merchants yet, though--my audience probably won't shell out for passport pouches, money belts, or suitcases until closer to their departure dates.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread