Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Angry FTC Complaint against Linkshare
    Due to lack of payment, responsiveness and lies, I have filed a complaint against Linkshare with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). Please feel free to submit your own complaints as I believe we are purposely being deceived.

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.s..._ORG_CODE=PU01

Perhaps this is the only way to force Linkshare to resume normal payments.

I am also sending a complaint to the NY State Attorney General's office

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/online_fo...aint_alert.jsp

Let's put some pressure on Linkshare so they clean up their act!

I sincerely hope government agencies investigate Linkshare's fraudulent business practices.

I got a call from one of the Linkshare merchants wanting to know if I had been paid and if I had any complaints against linkshare. Anyone else get a call like this?

Yes, I got a call from a merchant asking if I had been paid yet.

ReCap,

Every little thing everyone can do to push Linkshare to pay their affiliates is a good thing for all of us. LinkShare has to learn they can't delay payments (in my case it was six weeks) just because they did not plan well with project Athena.

I won't be hurt by this again because I dropped most of my LinkShare merchants and I won't sign up for any new ones. LinkShare and their merchants will be the losers next time, not me.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane
    I got a call from one of the Linkshare merchants wanting to know if I had been paid and if I had any complaints against linkshare. Anyone else get a call like this?
    I received a phone call as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Received several phone calls as well.

Same here. Merchants are concerned.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I didn't receive any phone calls. Could it be one merchant calling all their affiliates?

marcelle

I have been paid very promptly by linkshare and look forward in working with them in the future. Do you really think Linkshare is not going to pay you?

Yes
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I have been paid very promptly by linkshare and look forward in working with them in the future. Do you really think Linkshare is not going to pay you?
    I almost said - "You're kidding, right?" But after looking at your other posts, I know you're not.

To answer your question - yes. Or should I say, no, they'll pay me, it's really a question of when.

Why do we have to ask that question at all?

Netnow, did you get paid for March in April? Did you get paid for April in May? You must have... How did you do it?

Fred

15 years and counting
    netnow22 - I have been paid very promptly by linkshare and look forward in working with them in the future. Do you really think Linkshare is not going to pay you?
    Did you sign up with LinkShare, yesterday? So, you're lucky they don't have a minimum payment anymore. You should read and learn from older people before making your comments. Some here are working with LinkShare from the very beginning. You really sounds like a newbie.
    Last edited by Zeus; June 13th, 2005 at 01:47 PM.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Sounds like a ringer!

ABW Ambassador
    May 20th, 2005, 07:09 PM

"New troll."

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    kay.....here is my take on the whole thing.

It took me two secs to register, I have been paid 3 seperate checks and although everything is a lil delayed, I got my money.

Is it possible that some of you got something to hide?

It just doesnt make sense to me all these problems, being completely serious.

Yes they are trying to get it organized, and I appreciate it....In my honest opinion I think this analytic stuff sucks balls....but whatever, it is not my call.

But lodging complaints is completely moronic, Linkshare gives us all the ability to do something and showcase our talents. I am creating jobs, because of Linkshare and CJ.

I have been screwed over and over again by private offers by merchants and am fed up with it.....

I bet Half of you affiliates complaing make Sweet F**K All to begin with, so call me and I'll personally write you a check for $21, let me guess....write it out to Jimmy Hoffa or are you Tupac Shakur.....

You dont bite off your nose to spite your face........

Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    Troll #2

Do wah diddy diddy dum

15 years and counting
    "Old troll."

You guys love giving me a hard time....LOL

Come on, If ya want I can fling shit at Linkshare too(I have tons of issues), but whats the point.

Just way tooooo much bad energy.

Old troll diddy

Didn't take you as a 'feng shui' and 'bad karma' type, M Diddy

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more 'lets do business outside linkshare' offers.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    You dont bite off your nose to spite your face........
    Mdiddy makes sense with this statement ... if Linkshare went out ... what the F would you have CJ [Valueclick] as the only major network? How in the flying Fudge could anyone ever think that the lack of competition (esecially with regards to networks) is a healthy thing? Think about that people, please! If anything you want to keep Linkshare just to keep CJ "honest", but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't complain to the proper authorities FTC, AG whatever and whom the f ever will listen because there has been a wrong done. Yes they are trying to fix it but sh!t this ain't junior high science, this is business and they have to wake up and get their ass in gear ... because EVERYONE is pissed right now.

There was another thread started about fixing Linkshare ... here's the easy answer ... hire 2 new indians for every chief they fire, maybe then, there will be productive work and discourse not a two week silence period because Stephen is too busy doing this that or the other thing.

I bet Half of you affiliates complaing make Sweet F**K All to begin with, so call me and I'll personally write you a check for $21
    That was not called for and I am actually shocked that you said that, but here's my take on it ... if they only do make $21.00 who the **** cares ... they are owed it and they have a right to it just like you if you make ten, a hundred or a thousand times that! Remember that!

let me guess....write it out to Jimmy Hoffa or are you Tupac Shakur.....
    Once again your remarks surprise me but Jimmy hoffa? Shit, maybe when they find him maybe he'll have all the lost LS checks!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Sup Haiko,

First and foremost, If I shocked you...odds are I shocked others, and I do sincerely apologize for that, but enough is enough already, we dont want to put these people outta business, we want it to be better.

Maybe we make a union, everyone puts in a percentage of their checks and we hire a mediator...I personally have been paid, verified yadda yadda yadda from day one. But I will contribute to it to make affiliate marketing a better place, in a heart beat.

I have had things happen to me at Linkshare that 99% of people would post here and cause a HUGE uproar, but what is the point, when you are stuck with lemons.....you make lemonade....we definately should fix the problem, but we should work together as a team and 86 the negativity.

Haiko....you are a shooter in the industry....set up a panel and I will fly in and work with you.

Oh about doing private offers.....I can assure you that 9 times outta 10 you'll get ****ed.....It just happened to me again, I will not work outside of the networks anymore.

We need Linkshare and CJ......We really do......we should start working together....

Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    "Oh about doing private offers.....I can assure you that 9 times outta 10 you'll get ****ed....."

Not true.

"We need Linkshare and CJ......We really do"

Not true either.

I just need a merchant with an affiliate program.

"if Linkshare went out ... what the F would you have CJ [Valueclick] as the only major network? "

Performics, or another network can come about.

I like to see more networks, but working ones. Ones that actually listen to their affiliates. Variety is good. No wonder we have these problems. They have everybody thinking, some merchants and affiliates, that without them there is no affiliate marketing. Sad way to think.

"I have had things happen to me at Linkshare that 99% of people would post here and cause a HUGE uproar, but what is the point, when you are stuck with lemons....."

They can do that because you accept that. It's called conditioning. They gave you the stuck feeling.

Performics is still waiting to be chopped off ... smaller networks ... yeah shoot loads but you think Dell or JC Penny or Walmart will go there? You think they'll really know what to do? You think they'll hire an OPM? No of course not ... how much shoot and more lost revenue will result from it?

Yes, and please think about it ... we do need Linkshare, maybe not for long, but for the long haul we do!.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    If there's going to be networks then they need to operate on their promise to merchants at the beginning, Trusted Third Party. Run right, they're supposed to help facilitate relationships between affiliates and merchants. Sometimes they don't, sometimes they damage the relationship. Merchants should start getting more involved if they hurt the relationship, they're the real ones in charge but they've been conditioned too. That's why you don't see much customer service, just read this forum. And they don't have too, why? Because as long as you have that feeling that you need a network, then things will continue. Why should they change. It's accepted. I wouldn't have a problem if merchants got back to the roots and did their own thing. Amazon doesn't need a network, they do fine. Or networks can start doing what they're supposed to be doing in the first place. Customer service, answer questions whey they're asked, communication, things they should be doing now. I don't look as that as something extra, it's what i expect in the first place.

I havent even touched performics because of their terms and conditions on restricting me of what I do. They do have some great merchants...but whatever....we have plenty of work here to begin with.

I always go back to the affiliate managers as being the ones that help make or break a program.....I had to delete what I just said....LOL...let me give you this....If my affiliate program was being managed the way certain corporate big names are being managed......I'd shoot myself...not naming names...but its pretty bad.

Anyway I look at an internet year as being the equivilant to 10 regular years....so much evolution...but yet no change....that just doesnt make any sense.

Not preaching some hippy shit....but lets all get involved and make it better.....believe it or not...combined we can shut down all of them or make them better

The D The I The D The D The Y The D The I The D its DIDDY....Word Up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast