new to affiliate marketing
    hello all i am new at this but i want to do good at this. never had a web site biz before. any suggesstions?

Hi there, welcome to the ABW forums!

It's a great resource.

peace,
    Danay

Welcome
    Welcome to the group. You'll find lots of information here. Just start reading and when you have a question don't hesitate to ask.

LeDonna

...and take everything with a grain of salt...

Btw, I assume that your site's template is provided by your merchant, meaning that there are dozens (or hundreds, thousands...) just like yours out there. Generally Google etc don't like this very much, hence you will have a hard time getting SE traffic.

You may want to read up on ppc (Pay Per Click) traffic such as Google Adwords and Overture to drive traffic to your site. As I said, READ first, don't jump straight into it. This forum is a good start, make use of the Search function to educate yourself.

Lastly, keep in mind that having 100s of posts doesn't mean people are successful marketeers, it just means they have lots of posts...

Good luck, and welcome to a new aera of fun and frustation.

Frank

hey homesecure, I forgot to give you a suggestion, got caught up on the greeting. LOL

Read, read read. Don't start to create your site until you read up on internet marketing, as much as you can, and do your due diligence on finding a niche.

I don;t know how many times I tell newbie affiliates that although their idea may be exceptional, if htere are 200 other people doing the same thing, your audience won't think it's so exceptional anymore.

So, after you brainstorm on a few good ideas for a website, do alot of searching for keywords that describe it and look at how much competition there is.

good luck!

Before you get involved building your website you need to learn Search Engine Optimization Stratgeies to help you build a website that ranks at the top of the search engines for your keywords that you select

Hello Homesecure surf and read here as there is a lot of info here on abestweb

Lastly, keep in mind that having 100s of posts doesn't mean people are successful marketeers, it just means they have lots of posts...
    It takes a bit of time to learn who to listen to. Very Good Point

Welcome!

Picking your niche is especially important if you're new to affiliate marketing. The more potential money, the greater and better the competition and the less likely you are to get a piece of the action. You want to see some success your first time out, so you might look for a relatively small niche to start. Basically, you'll have an easier time starting out with NASCAR collectibles than Texas holdem...

I'd also pick up a few back issues of Revenue. The magazine is still finding it's legs a bit, but there seems to be at least one gem per issue in the last few.

Good luck!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Smile
    Hey!

Welcome, and good luck! I am a newbie too (as it says next to the kitty), but I am on the other side of the fence... I made a product I am hoping that affiliates will like. I have found some interesting stuff here already, but there is so much to see that it seems a bit confusing on where to start sometimes.

Well, good luck again!

welcome to the board! goodluck

Hi and welcome aboard

There is no easy path to the gold mine, you have to crawl, dig and dig but most of the time what you get is just plain earth. But do not get despair just work on it and learn as you get along. Remember how you learn the abc and the xyz at school, it's almost the same.

This great forum is like the library where you source for informations and know how but the important thing is that you have to apply to it, mess with it and get it right.

I make many mistakes and still do but I learn from it.

Good luck, need to get a cup of coffee, care to join me......

new at this
    Yes i have gotten a web site, but it was a premade template that i can edit. hopefully i can drive traffic to it.

you all are great
    so much to learn, i am so glad everyone is willing to help. one day i want to be able to make my living off of the internet, and the small biz i am trying to start on the side. I believe i can acheive this but i know it will take time, hard work, and asking lots of questions. are there a lot of people making there living off of these affiliate programs?

Quote Originally Posted by LearnAbout
    .Lastly, keep in mind that having 100s of posts doesn't mean people are successful marketeers, it just means they have lots of posts...
    Ouch. That one hurt.

HomeSecure: Welcome. You've made a good first step by checking into ABW. Take some time to read the Newbie FAQs for the "Dos" and the Parasiteware forum for the "Don'ts".

And, as stated, this is not a get-rich-quick scenario. Be patient, but be persistent.

ABW Ambassador
    "Lastly, keep in mind that having 100s of posts doesn't mean people are successful marketeers, it just means they have lots of posts...'

Sometimes it means both

ABW Ambassador
    >Sometimes it means both

Correct T#1, sometimes...

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Let me re-phrase my above statement:

"Lastly, keep in mind that having 100s of posts does NOT ALWAYS mean people are successful marketeers, it COULD just mean they have lots of posts..."

Sorry about the earlier ambiguity, I think this one does more justice to the many valuable ppl here.

Cheers, Frank

has anyone heard of blowout.com? i was wondering because they offer pay per click but it is like 10,000 clicks for 24.95 i think. wondered if it was a scam or not

Quote Originally Posted by homesecure38
    has anyone heard of blowout.com? i was wondering because they offer pay per click but it is like 10,000 clicks for 24.95 i think. wondered if it was a scam or not

hmmm... that comes out to something like .24 cents per click (oooh! 4 clicks for a penny!). Can anyone get paid on that rate? Seems kinda cheap to me.

I am paying google (in theory at least - not many clicks yet) up to 45 cents per click - just to get my website up on the screen (1,000 times so far - but still only 3 clicks..)

Well at least it is still cheap!

I suggest you focus on building a mailing list.
    Then you can mail your leads your offers.
    If you have good products and advertising copy, (probably supplied by your company),
    your sales are almost guaranteed!

Take a look at The List Machine, the link is in my signature. Good luck!

LOL I mean... click on my nick and visit my website to get the details

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread