Problem with Fredericks
    I have written to Frederick's three times now about the number of "Over Return Days" I'm seeing as Non-Commissionable sales.

Yes, they have a very short number of return days - BUT fully 87% of the sales from the site I'm featuring them on from OTHER vendors with similar merchandise are made within 4 days. The flip is being reported by Linkshare - 90% of the sales being made by Fredericks are being reported in excess of 4 days after initial contact.

Neither Linkshare nor Fredericks have responded. Should I just kill the relationship?

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by NobodyHomeNet
    I have written to Frederick's three times now about the number of "Over Return Days" I'm seeing as Non-Commissionable sales.

Yes, they have a very short number of return days - BUT fully 87% of the sales from the site I'm featuring them on from OTHER vendors with similar merchandise are made within 4 days. The flip is being reported by Linkshare - 90% of the sales being made by Fredericks are being reported in excess of 4 days after initial contact.

Neither Linkshare nor Fredericks have responded. Should I just kill the relationship?
    now remember, this is a merchant with many, many physical stores. I think their marketing department wants a 4-day cookie because the visitor may shop online then do the actual buy at the store.

or, by the time the catalog arrives, the customer has only a few minutes to get their order in (at best!) for us to get any credit.

with all these merchants, you have to figure if you are making enough from the deal to keep them. I have a plus-size clothing merchant that gets consistent sales that are non-commissionable to me. I keep them partly because the visitors may return and buy from someone else, too.

but I don't have to like it, either.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Dude isnt this the place that sells the Skanky stuff.........Thats sooo Dirty

LOL

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy

LOL
    Ha! you want skanky, go to exoticclothes.com -- I'm waiting for them to open up an aff program again . . .

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I dropped 'em.

1. Michael (I think that's the am's name) has never - not once/not ever - replied to an email. Even when they were on the other network.

2. They are always #1 on the Uncommissionable Sales report

3. The only sales you'll loose are from the people who have only heard of Fredericks. Find a tactful way to suggest the other lingerie merchants once they get to your fredericks page

Frederick's isn't skank anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy

LOL
    They changed from the more "skanky" stuff to some seriously sexy fashion styles years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I dropped 'em.

1. Michael (I think that's the am's name) has never - not once/not ever - replied to an email. Even when they were on the other network.

2. They are always #1 on the Uncommissionable Sales report

3. The only sales you'll loose are from the people who have only heard of Fredericks. Find a tactful way to suggest the other lingerie merchants once they get to your fredericks page
    I don't even feature their lingerie, I picked them up because of their dress styles - but I think I've found a good replacement vendor so once I have the chance to implement their product line, Frederick's is history as a waste-of-space.

Frederick's
    Well, they're coming off. The run around I got on the phone says to me they are just using me like a dishrag. Bye bye

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread